RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Mr Muz yes they fit right in

Now I must Vent>>>>> Parental advisory

Well I bought A new radio , servos, the whole bit for the rush... BFWOM ever! I bought a Hitec aggressor?? The hobby shop dude said they're great for the money, (I really wanted the futaba one which was less and my buddy has it, and its works GREAT!. So I bring it home Put it in... And I can't get the throttle to open all the way on my 18ss.. then I adjust it. Now it idles to high... Its a win loss situation. SO I call him up and tell him it sucks... he tells me I shouldnt have bought a crappy radio, I should have bought an XR, yeah i shoulda but for 199.99 w/o servos. Not quite. not to mention the chicken wire they make the antenna out of broke already... MY stock one lasted 3yrs! lol.... Well sorry for that... any Suggestions for a new radio package... under 100.00?? also I got my 18ss to wheelie once... anyone else gotten there to wheelie?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:58 PM

hey shark, I got the spektrum DSM 2.4 GHz system, cam with 2 car recivers and the controller, also came with 2 servos, on high torque and one standard. Took a bit to figure it out, but I love it. I can run the rush, then run the rusty, all with the same controller.
It wasnt to bad, 240 wasnt to bad for the set up, plus I can run a 3rd car with the radio system. Name channel 1 rsh; 2 is rty and 3 will be for the buggy, bug. The radio has no glitching, none. Fail safe unit is incorporated into the system, its pretty trick. Well worth the cash.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:19 PM

Futaba 2PL AM Computer Radio system S3003 Servo
What does anybody think of this radio
Old 03-11-2006, 07:28 PM

Oh, forgot to mention, with my radio, never need to change a crystal. I would save those dimes and nickels and get the best, or go with a fm radio. best way to compare the am vs fm radio, am is like street tires in mud, fm is like bow ties in mud, but the spektrum is like street slick on a smooth hard surface. If you do upgrade go fm or spektrum.
I need not worry about hi jacking someone eles car when I turn the controller on, nor do I need to worry about someone hi jacking my truck. Ebay might get you a good fm radio.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:39 PM

to late just bought that radio above
Old 03-11-2006, 09:04 PM

Well Guys / Gals I still cant get both its either one or the other... it seems the servo doesnt have the throw I need... Its opening almost all the way... but I wanna see it fully open... Maybe this new radio might help with the EPA?? I dont know also I most say I think my T-15 was alittle bit faster then the 18ss... I pretty good at tuning but havent touched the low speed needle yet... I really dont see much improvement with the 18ss... maybe when I get this linkage problem fixed... I'll retune it... Can you 18ss owners give me some feedback, If possible. thanks John. Also what what setup you are running w/ 18ss. ie. Pipe, clutchbell (I went up a tooth liek I was informed to do.) and anyother info on the setup.. thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 08:12 AM

Play with the bells, keep in mind that the savage stuff (bells and spur) work on the rush, shhhh dont tell anyone its a big secret.....lmao Try turning your carb just a bit. I had to play with the OS to get it to go wide open. I even took the dremil out and reworked the brace over the tranny. It should open the 18 up as it did with the 15. Also, what mount are you running (engine mount)? I had the cheap 2 dollar one, that thing tossed the engine up a bunch, then I bought the 30 dollar one and it sits in there great. Towers has 2 diffrent ones, one for pull and one for bump. GL shark
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 AM

I got the cheap onesthink it might be 2 high?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:17 AM

I was, wasnt much, 20 mm http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN373&P=7 this is the one I have now http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXN378 just need to check the flywheel, dont want it sticking down below the plate, might need the non pull start fly wheel. Theres always somthing...lol
Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 AM

i've been out in the field near my house the past few days with my rush, and it's really muddy and really fun to drive on, but every once in a while, the revs fly up, and the truck slows down. the spur is fine, still got all its teeth, and the slipper is tight too. could it be the clutch slipping? it is still the stock one. there's still about 1/8" of material left on it to wear down
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM

a few pages back you guys were talking about muffler bearings. I hear you need a left handed screwdriver and a metric adjustable wrench to take them off?

PS. Cant find the spark plugs in ma diesel. Need help, LOL
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM

LMAO
Old 03-15-2006, 06:06 AM

i take it all back about the build quality of the rush, just must have had some bad luck.. I was doing a few jumps in the car park where i work the other day, landed a bit hard on one and I lost all control. Car headed out of the car park at full throttle, bounced off the pavement opposite then headed down the road, drove under one parked car, under another car crossing a round about then hit the curb. I finally caught up with it doing circuits of the mini round about causing about a ten car traffic jam. It was like something off monty python, have'nt run so fast for about 10 years. Turns out the power cable was torn and the throttle linkage jammed open by the air filter at the very same time, definition of bad luck but the only thing that broke was a hinge pin.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:54 PM

LOL I told you it was tough!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:05 PM

lmao, I would have paid to see that one. I mean, what eles can one do but sit back and watch it go till theres no fuel left or it hits and flips. lmao, thats funny. Look into a fail safe unit, wont happen again.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM

nascar. i see that you are from tornado drive il. that's funny. Did your house/cars get any damage. I live close to Springfield and just missed out on it(lucky me). Do you race your rush at a local track? if so where do you go. I have been to Allen's once and RJD several times last year to check into racing my rusty maybe this year. Just because i see lots of people in here say it cant race.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:21 PM

hey rusty, the wifes car got hit by a steel cart rack from meijers parking lot, lost power and a nights sleep but made it, you? Yeaah, I go to rjd every friday night till its to cold to race, they have a indoor track now, just opened it about a month ago, electric only. Been to allens too, small off road track but the oval seem the same. Should hook up and bash or race, and race the rusty, I have one Im going to race too, along with the rush.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 PM

Yes we will need to hook up sometime since we are so close. I am about 15 miles from Springfield but i am there several times a week. Sorry to hear about your car. I was at Meijer when the tornado hit too. My truck didn't get hurt at all they took the cart rack's down where I was parked. Were you there? Or just your wife? I had to drive over downed power lines(I followed the police over them) and past a overturned 18wheeler to get home and the only thing wrong here was the power was out and i didn't get my internet back till today.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:18 AM

it was funny, could of caused a real car crash but still made me laugh. Next time i don't think i'll try and sprint after it, too many bacon sandwiches and pints of guiness have slowed me down a bit.. don't think even a failsafe would have helped as the linkage was jammed open! it's fixed anyway so...
Old 03-16-2006, 06:00 AM

Yeah, pm me, well hook up and bash, go tear up a golf course. Just the wife was out and about sunday night. Meijer is tryn to worm out of fixing my car though, bad news for them, its not going to work. Good to hear you made it, suppose we need one of those I survived the springfield twister of 06 Tshirt, kinda crazy, they said it was a f2 tornado, 120 plus mph winds.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:20 PM

I had a flashlight in the truck with me and helped a lady look at her car. Think it was a white dodge not sure of the model. Wonder if that was her? I heard someone talking about the t-shirts and was thinking about getting one but gotta see it first. I will PM you now so you guys can get on with the thread...
Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 AM

hey rusty, just got a case of side winder 20% fuel in (4 gallons), Lets go bashing.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:22 AM

That will make for a cool day of bashing. Think we can use 4 gallons in a day?lol. I am out of order for now. Waiting on a tower order to show up. Tanked my bell gear on sunday before the tornado hit.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:41 AM

Well folks dont mean ruin your tornado / rusty tread lolol but I found out the Hi tek stinks, I hooked up the servos in my super nitro and the radio and it still doesnt work right so i took the radio out and put the hpi oem radio in and the servos work fine, soo the hi tek aggressor NO GOOD! lol
Old 03-18-2006, 04:12 AM

Hello guys! I have just installed the hitec HS645MG as a steering servo. I haven't driven the truck yet, but have been testing the radiogear, and it seems like the steering servo is disturbing the throttle servo a bit. when I steer the throttle servo is shivering a bit. does anyone know what this can be, and what to do with it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.