Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
What do I need to fly on different freq's?  Futaba 9C >

What do I need to fly on different freq's? Futaba 9C

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What do I need to fly on different freq's? Futaba 9C

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 12:35 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to fly on different freq's? Futaba 9C

What exactly do I need to purchase to fly on different frequencies with my 9C? Is it a new module? How many different frequencies will I be able to fly on? What is cost? Thanks.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:26 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Hi Paul.

You can fly on any frequency you can find modules for with your 9C. I believe the 72mhz channel range is 11-60 (might be 50). The modules on your 9C can be changed easily to match whatever receiver you have in your plane.

But, crystals are MUCH cheaper than modules. Why not buy crystals to match your 9C?

Mike
Old 03-07-2003, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by MHawker
But, crystals are MUCH cheaper than modules. Why not buy crystals to match your 9C?
Just to clarify, that would be crystals for the RECIEVER to match the transmitter frequency.

However, if you want to change channels because of interference or another pilot on the same channel you will need to swap the module to another channel like Mike said. Don't forget to get the crystal(s) to switch your reciever(s) as well.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:55 PM
My Feedback: (16)

With the 9C you can also use 50MHZ and 75 MHZ modules legally. Just make sure that you have your receivers on the proper frequency.