Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
 Can I use a 6-channel Receiver w/ a 2-channel Radio? >

Can I use a 6-channel Receiver w/ a 2-channel Radio?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I use a 6-channel Receiver w/ a 2-channel Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use a 6-channel Receiver w/ a 2-channel Radio?

With the 2.4 GHz radios, if both are DSM, is it possible to bind a 6-channel receiver to a 2-channel radio? Will the throttle / steering still work and the other 4 channels just be dead?

Thanks,

Chad
Old 05-05-2008, 08:51 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RE: Can I use a 6-channel Receiver w/ a 2-channel Radio?

ORIGINAL: Bigmax96

With the 2.4 GHz radios, if both are DSM, is it possible to bind a 6-channel receiver to a 2-channel radio? Will the throttle / steering still work and the other 4 channels just be dead?

Thanks,

Chad
I'm not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn sometime in the last year....

Seriously tho, I don't see why that would not work unless you have different types of DSM i.e. the DX6/AR6000 stuff is DSM while all the newer stuff is DSM2. Now, you can make an aircraft system with one of the newer DSM2 tx's run in DSM mode with an AR6000, but the DX6 tx will only run DSM.

I don't know anything about the car/surface sets, but if both the tx and rx are the same format it should work. This also assumes (I know that's not good to assume) you're talking about Spektrum since you said it was DSM vs. FASST?

Try it and see if the rx will bind.