Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Vallejo california??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vallejo california??

Wondering if there are any people in my area interested in rc. I am in the bay area on the borders of napa and vallejo. But I "officailly" live in vallejo.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 AM

Default RE: Vallejo california??

I'm down in Castro Valley looking for people too. I only know of one track and it's all the way out in Antioch.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 PM

Yeah the track in Antioch is called delta raceway. I heard its awesome but kinda far away from me. Dont know if its gonna be worth driving like 40min just to go down to a track. There has to be people around here...... I mean look at how many habby shops we have around the bay.

I drive mainly out on the street by myself and sometimes with my brother. But it gets boring after like 10min....[&o]
Old 10-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Guess we are the only people huh? [&o]
Old 10-22-2006, 12:13 PM

i'm kinda close, i'm in fairfield, any good hobby shops in vallejo? There's only one in fairfield, and they only do train stuff.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: A.J..

Yeah the track in Antioch is called delta raceway. I heard its awesome but kinda far away from me. Dont know if its gonna be worth driving like 40min just to go down to a track. There has to be people around here...... I mean look at how many habby shops we have around the bay.

I drive mainly out on the street by myself and sometimes with my brother. But it gets boring after like 10min....[&o]
You're lucky, I live in Sonoma County and have to drive more than an hour north to race.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Finally someone in the bay

rc_guy707:

The only hobby shop in vallejo is vallejo nitro. Kinda small never been there and they do have a track for 1/10 scale on-roads. I wouldnt exactly buy from their hobbyshop because they are so freaking expensive [:@]

There is a hobbytown in vacaville and they have great rc support.

I go there along with another hobbytown in clayton. They are like 30min away from here though and thats from vallejo. From fairfeild could take you 45min to an hour. But they are the ULTIMATE hobby store I have been to. There store is huge and they carry EVERYTHING. No joke man they are the best. Its worth the drive if you need something quick and dont want to order it off the internet.

So what do you guys drive?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:24 PM

The only car I own now is a losi mlst, I asked for money for x-mas so I can buy another car (mini or 10th scale I don't know). I go to the hobby town in vacaville every once in a while. It was nice when I used to live in petaluma, I had jakes in rohnert park (bout a 20 min drive) and a hobbytown across town.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:39 PM

Nice we both drive Mini's. I have a RC18.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Hey guys I was messing around on youtube and found a vid of Vallejo Nitro rc's track if anyones interested in what it looked like. Check out the profile of the user on youtube and you could see what they run there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcj-avVXqfE
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ohbrian

I'm down in Castro Valley looking for people too. I only know of one track and it's all the way out in Antioch.
I don't have the info handy, but just this last week end there was drag race competition in Hayward (Whipple Road somewhere). I've seen advertisments for a track in Hayward, Union City and others. You might even find a Hobbytown which does parking lot racing. Just put some street tires and run. It's not great, but better than nothing.

I spent the first 5 years of my life in Castro Valley. I didn't know it was still there.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:18 PM

Hey guys I was messing around on youtube and found a vid of Vallejo Nitro rc's track if anyones interested in what it looked like. Check out the profile of the user on youtube and you could see what they run there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcj-avVXqfE
I can't match the name (Vallejo Nitro RC) with a location. Wonder if it's a club or open to the public.

Here's a dirt track in Antioch, if anyone is interested.

http://www.deltarc.com/
Old 10-22-2006, 10:49 PM

http://maps.citysearch.com/location/32527136

Theres a map to them. I think they are open to the public and you dont need to be a member.

They have there number on that page if you need more info
Old 10-22-2006, 11:19 PM

How are the 18 series? I'm in the market for a new mini (I asked for cash for x-mas to get another r/c). I'm looking at either the rc18t or the duratrax vendetta. It's nice cause the hobbytown in vacaville stocks parts for both ae and duratrax.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 PM

Depends on what you want. I have a RC18 (used to be MT now T) and my bro has the vendetta. I can tell you off the batt the RC18 doesnt look as cheap as the vendetta but thats just my opinion. The vendetta stock is fast but its an absolute MUST to upgrade the battery right away. If you dont do that it cruises at a whopping 10-15mph. With advanced timing on the vendetta with the stock motor and a new battery its slightly faster than a stock RC18 which is about 20mph. The RC18 series has way better electronics stock then the vendetta. With my stock electronics I could reach distances of 300ft with no problems of signal disturbance. With my brothers ventetta he gets 150ft then it starts to have issues. The vendetta has the upperhand with some "pre-hopped up" aluminum parts but nothing too special IMO.

The RC18 isnt all good either but in my opinion is higher quality than duratrax's vendetta. Plus aftermarket support is extremely huge with RC18's and not with vendetta's. With my experience with the RC18 so far has been great with me. No issues what so ever and this sucker could move with some hop ups. I already got it in the 30mph+ range and its crazy fast [>:]

Still want to go faster though
Old 10-23-2006, 12:26 AM

http://maps.citysearch.com/location/32527136

Theres a map to them. I think they are open to the public and you dont need to be a member.

They have there number on that page if you need more info
Thanks. I'll definitely give them a call.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:33 PM

I think i'll be getting an 18t. What are some of the things to watch out for.like the diffs and such?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Sorry couldnt reply any sooner..... Too busy [:'(]

Anyways there is nothing to really watch out for. If you want to fix the steering slop get a DP draglink. Other than that its pretty solid. I mainly bought allot of replacement parts that get lost like lower shock retainers and such. The rest were all upgrades.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:53 PM

Sounds good A.J, and no prob on getting back to me soon. I'll be getting some street tires for it, if I do get it, since theres not really any dirt in my area, I run my mlst on my street. Another plus to getting a mini is it wouldn't take up to much room.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM

To add on all the gains you get from having a Mini is they are cheap to upgrade, you could run indoors, easy to maintain, and did I mention they are cheap to upgrade? lol

I also dont run off-road for two reasons; gets car super dirty, and things tend to break a whole lot faster on the vehicle then they would when you would drive on-road. Even though I have a very nice vacant lot next to me. I did it a couple times then got fed up. Mini's arent exactly the best off-roaders to, so it doesnt justify the hassels that come with it. [:@]
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM

Hey all, i'm back, haven't been around in a while cause i've been busy with work and such. I was gonna go with a 1/10th scale car, but since the weathing is getting colder, i'll get a mini.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:04 PM

Cool so you get the Mini yet?

Oh by the way you have msn messenger? Add me in if you like. Here's my email [email protected]
Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 PM

Messenger doesn't like my computer for some reason. I'm getting it around x-mas, my wife and her family asked what I wanted for x-mas, I said cash so i could get another mini.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:28 PM

Sounds cool. I cant wait to go brushless whenever that is lol. I want to do it by january.

Imagine a Mamba 6800 or better yet a C4 dynamite 9200kv with a quark 33amp esc and a 2 cell lipo [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

I will be flying
Old 10-31-2006, 09:42 PM

Now I have to sell my 10th scale stuff, like batts and servos and speedo and such. WHat's a good aftermarket servo for say, the 18t? I think it'll sit nicely next to my mlst

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.