Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Nirvana II rc sailboat issues...new guy >

Nirvana II rc sailboat issues...new guy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Nirvana II rc sailboat issues...new guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nirvana II rc sailboat issues...new guy

Hi, I'm new to rc sailing but not to sailing. I recently bought a Nirvana II and was hopping to find others here with the same boat or expertise. I am having issues and would appreciate corresponding with any experienced owners.
For starters:
1. The RC control is heating up after about 10 - 15 minutes, only on one side, the rudder control side.
2. There are two lights on the controller, red and green. Both are always on when powered up. I put brand new batteries in, still no change.
3. The sail adjust servo, I'm not sure if its stripped or this is normal, but it will not hold the setting. I could use some help with how to set positions and what to expect with this servo, maybe I am expecting to much.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thx!
Old 03-03-2023, 11:53 AM

60 views and no replies. I could use some help swapping out the electronics. Any suggestions on a source for servo's, tx and rx? Maybe a company that has a person I can speak to over the phone would be very helpful.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems you need all new electronics. The transmitter (Tx) should not be hot. Servos should hold steady as long as they are powered.

FlySky makes a good, inexpensive set of electronics. Many sailors use the FS-i6 Transmitter. I got mine together with a FS-iA6 Receiver (Rx), at $53. This Rx is a circuit board with cardboard cover. Better Rx is FS-iA6B, $16. I got this from Amazon.

Sail servo could be Hitec HS-765 $39 and Rudder servo Hitec HS-485 $17. These are most popular.

The boat should be great.
Old 03-28-2023, 03:00 PM

Thanks I ended up replacing the sail servo with the Bluebird BMS-630MG. It solved all my problems. The boat sails like a charm!
Old 09-12-2023, 05:29 AM

Default Sail servo sources

Originally Posted by AEK42
It seems you need all new electronics. The transmitter (Tx) should not be hot. Servos should hold steady as long as they are powered.

FlySky makes a good, inexpensive set of electronics. Many sailors use the FS-i6 Transmitter. I got mine together with a FS-iA6 Receiver (Rx), at $53. This Rx is a circuit board with cardboard cover. Better Rx is FS-iA6B, $16. I got this from Amazon.

Sail servo could be Hitec HS-765 $39 and Rudder servo Hitec HS-485 $17. These are most popular.

The boat should be great.
My sail servo just died. I see on Amazon a Hitec HS-765 but it is priced at $54. Where do you see them for $39? What is your source for the Bluebird BMS-630MG servo?

Last edited by PWsNirvana; 09-12-2023 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Additional question
Old 09-13-2023, 04:36 AM

I found a number of sources on Ebay and just ordered a Hitec HS-765 for $45.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:29 AM

Follow-up: It turned out that the Hitec sail servo I received was double the size of what I need, so I have to return it. But I just had a good visit with a local hobbyist who has over 60 RC boats, and I ordered a Bilba 2000-0025-0002 from servocity.com. Very nice website.