Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Tanker's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Tanker's Lounge

One of my cats was chasing a squirrel and both were walking
Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ARRGG...

I hate pointless vandalism - three of my four tires flattened (the drivers front was spared) and I put more air in hoping they'd just been bleed (thank the maker for cheap Cdn Tire compressors!). Well, 4 hours later, the passenger side is down ~again~. I'm praying I can have 'em patched from the inside... if not, the cost of the replacements will probably blow the August trip gas fund.

On ~top~ of that, they scratched the ****e out of the drivers side rear window (4 dr. sedan) and it ~looks~ like they tried to get under the weather stripping of the partial behind the door to pop the pane. I wish they had stolen it... least I'd have gotten summat for it, or had a claim worth filing!

I'm off at the crack of yawn to use my ($9.99 on sale!) compressor to fill the tires enough to get me to the garage to have the tires checked and hopefully patched, and mebbe to scrounge a decent jack.

WHY a jack? 'Cause the cheap GM scissors jack bent FIRST TIME OUT! I dinna even get the tire off the ground! Gonna get an old post & arm type from the wrecker... and have a nasty chat with Community Housing. I intend to get the equivalent in my tire repairs in ~free~ parking ($36 a month) or raise h*ll. Then its a visit to the local GM dealer, about the crap GM is selling.

Next Time - FORD! They ain't failed me yet, even when totalled!

WhiteWolf
Old 07-25-2011, 06:13 PM

"MOLES"................A real pain.!

I know a lot of our members are city dewellers and don't have mole problems.But living in the country and having five acres of lawn,they are a real pain in the rear.I think they are all accross the northern part of the USA.
I got two of them today and have three or four more still at work in my yard.Below is a picture of the second one i just intro-duced
to the 12 ga. shotgun............catch them pushing up and "bang"..........about 98 percent efective..........

BIGMIG [:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43848.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1640053  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

he lookstired ....lol
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 PM

ARRGG:

I really hate my life. Remember that 7mm drill bit I supposedly needed for the roadwheel bushings? Its NOT 7mm. its EIGHT. And no, 5/16" is not close enough. I see a few on eBay I will consider springing for, but looks like the T55 is gonna be on the bench even longer than expected, even when (or is that IF) the gearbox shows up.

For those who care... 5/16" is .3125, 8mm is .3150, & 21/64" is 0.3281 (one is ~just~ too small, other is considerably too large)

Is there a possible upside? Yea... if the garage where I'm taking the b*tch to have the tires checked has an 8mm bit. Gonna take the roadwheels, ~just~ in case.

And things seemed to be going ~so~ well... bet the damned table saw comes in damaged or missing parts... wanna bet?

And I wanna know who's screwing with my Kharmic meter...

WhiteWolf
- pondering taking up alcohol-inhalation instead of R/C models.

PS: eBay has 5x 8mm diamond hole saws at $8 shipped. Will probably end up buying them.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

"MOLES"................A real pain.!

I know a lot of our members are city dewellers and don't have mole problems.But living in the country and having five acres of lawn,they are a real pain in the rear.I think they are all accross the northern part of the USA.
I got two of them today and have three or four more still at work in my yard.Below is a picture of the second one i just intro-duced
to the 12 ga. shotgun............catch them pushing up and "bang"..........about 98 percent efective..........

BIGMIG [:-]
Steel bebe"s in the tiger tank does a number on thechipmonks around my house......
Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM

I was promoted to Captain this week. More money, more liability. The nice thing is I can order 20 year old's to do my bidding. Muhahahahahahahaha [>:]
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 PM

way cool Congratulations
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice. Captain of what? What force?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going out on a limb her, but I am thinking the fire department
Old 07-28-2011, 02:52 AM

Cool.  That is what I thought.  I'm a Firefighter too.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 AM

Yes, I'm career firefighter here in Soviet Canukistan (Ontario, Canada). I work for a city just outside of Niagara Falls.

I believe Nick Aguilar is a firefighter too.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 AM

I've been a volunteer for 17 years, I'm all papered- up like a good bird dog, wildland, structural, haz-mat, etc...

I was a Lt. in our little dept. for two years, then I lost the election to a retired FF / Paramedic. We elect our Cheif, etc... every April.

I'm happy to just be a FF now, less responsability, less liability, and no money anyway.<br type="_moz" />
Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 PM

<span class="Apple-style-span">Just got back from a trip to Ottawa, Canada. If you are ever there you need to go to the Canadian War Museum, even if you are not Canadian. The displays are amazing and they have a good collection of military vehicles. I was surprise that they had a Panzer II. The other cool item I saw was the actual poem "In Flanders Fields" written by</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; font-family: sans-serif; ">John McCrae, not sure if everyone knows about this, but if you are Canadian you know how much this poem means.</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; font-family: sans-serif; "></span><span class="Apple-style-span">It was a day well spent. It left me with a feeling of pride for the soilders and what they accomplish and sadness for the sacrifice and the lost of lifes.

Also stop in Oshawa on the way home to see the tank museum. It's not as grand as the one in Ottawa, becuase of there smaller budget, but a good collection WWI items to present. The best part of the visit was<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 15px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">actually talking to the guys who work on the tanks. One guy was part crew that used the Churchill during WWII. Could've spent all day with them.

I will have to post some pictures as soon as I get a chance.<br type="_moz" /></span><br type="_moz" /></span>
Old 07-31-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Today was Flot Day in Sevastopol. We had quite a cast here, including the Krim President, PM Azarov from Kiev, and His Excellency Patriarch Kirill from Mockba. The Black Sea Flot put on their usual excellent show, complete with a Spetznatz and frogman assault on the "headquarters" bleachers next to us, lots of general shooting and weapons displays as the ships sortied out of harbor, and then an assault on the south break water at harbor mouth, where again Spetznatz and Marines assaulted dug in and arty supported Army troops. Quite a good display. Roughly 80,000 people were on both sides of Harbor for 2 klicks, stacked up way back from shoreline. No injuries this year, so all went well.

Name:	Wt59008.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1642429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us65050.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1642430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42525.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1642431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dc97841.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1642432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89892.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1642433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ut67628.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1642434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69529.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1642435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73995.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1642436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21841.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1642437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74674.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1642438   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10684.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1642439  
Old 07-31-2011, 01:13 PM

for anyone who wants to listen to me ramble on...

So, I went to an arms show today. I got a nagant rifle m91/30 (woot!) for cheap and a salvo or triplex tround. I also found out some information about a knife i found at my grandfathers house. To give some background, he has dementia/austim, and about a year ago, we brought him to the D-Day museum in lousiana (that place is amazing. the displays, the dioramas, the restraunt, and you HAVE to go to the theater, it has live interaction, etc snows when in winter parts.) and he was going into his memory zone.... and mentioned a knife to me from his uncle who pulled it offa dead german soldier , and he was in WWII. Now, when i mentioned this to all the other family members, they remarked they had never heard of it, nor half the other stories. But, my grandfather has large piles of old stuff not only in his back sheds, but also in other parts of the house. Later that night i searched for hours, but failed to find anything. at the last spot, we had been looking through a dusty display cabinet in the back. i was about to close the cabinet when I noticed a dark shape poking out from under a glasses case..... I pulled it out to discover a knife in a sheath, with a swastika emblem on it. Rambling aside, today at the gun show i noticed a dealer who also had the knife I have, but oddly the emblem was on the grip instead of the sheath of the knife. I asked him, and he told me the ones he had were hitler youth knives, and that the one i have was significantly more rare.... I looked it up after getting home, and so far i have found the knives he had are everywhere, with infinite reproductions, but on the other hand, i have not found a single picture or mention of mine. Its not fake, has the buffer, everything is obviously well worn and worn evenly. This also presented me the realization that the knife, if true from both information sources, was taken off a dead hitler youth soldier..... I mourn that people were in such a conflict at such an age..... I hope to keep this knife as not only a piece of history, but a reminder.

I know a good bit of you are history buffs, maybe not just in tanks, maybe just tanks. so here is some other militaria I have:

RRX-180 chaff launcher. one side is still loaded with chaff.

an inert training detonator for a hedgehog mine.

some containers for holding artillery shells, swedish.

my crowning piece, a firing port from a russian BMP tank. awesome eh?

I will try to post pictures of all of them. sorry for the rambling, etc.

Name:	Ay74040.jpg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1642553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54836.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1642554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11147.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1642555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy72146.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1642556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju11954.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1642557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx30239.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1642558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tf49126.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1642559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eu22279.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1642560  

Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM

Martellus:

Reminds me of the WW1 'trench art' that my maternal granpa had... and I'm sure my mother still has buried away. They used to detail the brass arty casings, and I remember close to a dozen being used as, of all things, vases for dried flowers, around the house as a kid.

The old man, when I got to know him, was 'not always there' and his lungs had been ravaged by mustard gas in WW1. Guy could barely whisper, and even that took time to understand. Sadly, when he moved here with Granma about '72-'73 (I ~know~ it was before I got sick in fall of '74) his lungs couldn't handle the Canadian winter, and he got pneumo that first winter, and passed on.

All I have is memories of stuff from around the house, and stories from granma and mom: Him moving to singapore after the war because of his lungs... his partnership in an engineering firm [link=http://gsb.jkr.gov.my/en/about_project_history.html](reference here)[/link] and inport/export company (and becoming rather wealthy) then having to run in '40 from the Japanese, and getting out with a fraction of it. He dinna qualify for WW2 service due to his lungs, but my Paternal granpa ran the Sydney Steel Mill, and the pic my dad has of him when the royals toured the plant... thats family history.

But just a hint at what 'wealth' grandpa did slip out with. I remember a pair of 18" sections of ivory elephant tusk that were on palanquins (elephant-saddles) on carved ebony elephants about another 18" tall and 24" long. I once tried to get an estimated value for the sections, if sold at auction for jewelry or such. Only thing I was told was " as its banned from import now, they are literally ~invaluable~. I hope mom has them safely tucked away, as I've not seen 'em since they began moving about after the Idjit moved out.

Not much for 'souvenirs', but as a 'legacy'... *shrug* I doubt I'll outlive my parents though (the crohns, eh?)

Hopin' & prayin' it goes to my older sis, bro-in-law, & her younger kids , and not Idjit (her firstborn)
WhiteWolf
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

Country living.....

A fantastic summer day...........

Have not raised any chickens for many years...........Fun to have them again and be able to watch the baby chicks grow.

8 hours of grass mowing every week but it's like having your own park.Hit a few golf balls and have my own flying field for RC planes.....

Have a safe and fun 4-Th of July

BIGMIG

Well if anyone likes raising chickens.........Had to add on another section to my chicken pen as i have a hen that wanted to sit and hatch more chicks.(second batch she has hatched this year-Don't remember a chicken hatching out two litters of chicks in the same year.)? Have to keep them away from the big chickens until they get some size to them and can defend themselves.

She is a very small hen so i only let her sit on six eggs......Three have hatched and three to go if they all hatch out.My wife and I have had a lot of fun watching them and the new chicks growing into adults.It's kind of funny watching them run down bugs that fly into the danger zone (their pen) LOL

They are just pets for us with a bonus of fresh eggs to eat.

BIGMIG

Well ended up with 5 chicks........all six hatched but one didn't make it.Cute little guys.Moved them into their own pen until they are big enough to go in with the others.

a couple of pictures.........Injoy....

BIGMIG

Name:	Xv64807.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1643795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85427.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1643796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36645.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1643797   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44610.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1643798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29222.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1643799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db55206.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1643800  
Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM

just finished lettering up a trailer
now to find more side jobs keep the money rollin in and i use to have to take my camera card out of the camera put it into my laptop and then put the pics on a usb drive then transfer the usb drive to my computer now i picked this little baby at the dollar store little usb camera card reader now for $2 it's pretty good now i just have to slip the camera card into this on my computer and i'm done best $2 i think i spent

Name:	Lj21946.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	1644335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21595.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1644336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21414.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1644337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25352.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1644338  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 AM

Um Brushie...

Name's Diamond Home Improvement, right? Why's the surround a hexagon, and not a diamond? (*sniggers*)

Sorry... I HAD to ask. Neatly done though, and interesting find in the dollar store. I'm always finding the place useful for assorted bits and pieces.

Dunno if I'll make the 13th... will have to see what the forecase is like for down there on Friday/Sat/Sunday... and where funds are.

WhiteWolf
Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 AM

i didn't design their logoso not my fault...lol
Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 AM

Ah, gotcha.

So its your boss thats geometrically challenged. Good to know when he says " The place is across the ~square~ from... "

My nephew is map-reading-challenged. Even with one of those blow-up page-by-page map-books (AllMaps/whatever) or a GPS/TomTom/whatever he'd get lost. Me on the other hand... he can give me a dozen addresses for a day, and I'll plot the most efficient route. He'd be back and forth across town, and probably get stuck in rush-hour traffic too. $20 for a map book beats a $100 GPS any day - No batteries to go flat, and you can plot a route with an unlimited number of addresses! Ain't heard of a GPS that can do that with more than one 'destination'... yet.

Looks like you're gonna have clouds/rain down there like we are gonna have up here for the week... will check again what Ft. Erie has in store on Monday/Tues.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:11 AM

Heres a good Utube on the M-41. Bundeswehr 1957 training film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-cUh...eature=related
Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 AM

Heres another U tube on the M-47. Two segments show the workings of the entire tank and show how cramped and idotic the ammo stowage was set up. This is a Bundeswehr training film in German, easy to see what's happening. The M-47 was a very reliable and maneuverable tank, but the range finder was worthless and ammo stowage totally asinine in design.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Mor...eature=related

Drehbühne is turret basket
Schwenkung turret traverse
Überprüfung inspection
Anzukommen access
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Oh lordy, not a good way to start a week:
[ul][*] One: find out you're out of your Tylenol #3 (the prescription ones w/ 30mg of codeine) on Sunday, and have to get 'em re-ordered on ~Monday~... [*] Two: find out you put on your LAST Fentanyl 50 mcg/h (60h duration) patches, and have to order THEM as well... [*] Three: try to chill by chopping some of that scrap wood to make that bridge with your new table saw, and find out it spews sawdust everywhere EXCEPT into the bottom dust-bag...[*] Four (update): find out Idjit-nephew buggered the USB interface cable for my portable drive... or the drive itself. He ~claims~ it was buggered when he got it (*BS*)
[/ul](extreme-sarcasm) Why does the guy upstairs hate me so much? (/extreme-sarcasm)

Guess with that news, I'm ~not~ gonna let the table saw live at his place as originally planned, despite it having a safety key. Can't trust him with ANYTHING.

As for the pain meds... hell, a bit of withdrawl is not ~too~ bad... But it probably means I'll not make the Fort Erie meet on Saturday, besides, WeatherNet says 60% chance of rain.

WhiteWolf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.