Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hey VS tank guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey VS tank guys

I was thinking of using the recoil unit from a VStank Sherman. Nice compact size and looked like a great potential for using with smaller 1:16th tank builds and mods. So i take it apart and low and behold there is no motor unit or solenoid to move the barrel into battery. Every thing is there including a micro switch, and a smooth working barrel spring combination. Can someone enlighten me as to what "moves" the gun tube into battery. so to be clear the unit is a plastic case, spring, gun tube, micro switch, 3 sets of wires with plugs (i think one is for the firing IR and there is a LED in the gun tube but no flaming motor drive. How do these work in a 1:25 Sherman or Tiger?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Hey VS tank guys

no info out there?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

On a related note - how wide are the tracks, and can you take a few links out to shorten them?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 AM
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: kclank

I was thinking of using the recoil unit from a VStank Sherman. Nice compact size and looked like a great potential for using with smaller 1:16th tank builds and mods. So i take it apart and low and behold there is no motor unit or solenoid to move the barrel into battery. Every thing is there including a micro switch, and a smooth working barrel spring combination. Can someone enlighten me as to what "moves" the gun tube into battery. so to be clear the unit is a plastic case, spring, gun tube, micro switch, 3 sets of wires with plugs (i think one is for the firing IR and there is a LED in the gun tube but no flaming motor drive. How do these work in a 1:25 Sherman or Tiger?
A little electric motor runs the gun into battery via a rack an pinion system. I'm sure they could be shoe-horned into a 1:25 scale tank, there is a company from the UK that specializes in just that. I'll look for the link for you.

Here it ishttp://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html.

Also Fireman Tim has installed a VSTank recoil into his Leo A-4, the only issue is getting the cycle time right so the gun goes exactly back to battery, at last look he was stilll working on this issue.

As for VS tank track width, I'd need to know which tank you were looking at.

Mike
<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Here is a link for a 1:25 Scale tiger II

http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Mike,

I was looking at the sherman, wondering if the wheels and tracks might be suitable for something like a Vickers light tank or Bren gun carrier?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Ex_Pat_Tanker

On a related note - how wide are the tracks, and can you take a few links out to shorten them?

i am not doing anything with tracks. i do not understand how your question relates to a recoil motor. you may have answered someone else's post here.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Eggman1965

ORIGINAL: kclank

I was thinking of using the recoil unit from a VStank Sherman. Nice compact size and looked like a great potential for using with smaller 1:16th tank builds and mods. So i take it apart and low and behold there is no motor unit or solenoid to move the barrel into battery. Every thing is there including a micro switch, and a smooth working barrel spring combination. Can someone enlighten me as to what ''moves'' the gun tube into battery. so to be clear the unit is a plastic case, spring, gun tube, micro switch, 3 sets of wires with plugs (i think one is for the firing IR and there is a LED in the gun tube but no flaming motor drive. How do these work in a 1:25 Sherman or Tiger?
A little electric motor runs the gun into battery via a rack an pinion system. I'm sure they could be shoe-horned into a 1:25 scale tank, there is a company from the UK that specializes in just that. I'll look for the link for you.

Here it is http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html.

Also Fireman Tim has installed a VSTank recoil into his Leo A-4, the only issue is getting the cycle time right so the gun goes exactly back to battery, at last look he was stilll working on this issue.

As for VS tank track width, I'd need to know which tank you were looking at.

Mike
<br type=''_moz'' />
i had no question about track width! I see the recoil system you mentioned on the Clark ISU-152. that uses a lightweight servo. my question was what "lives" within the 1/25 scale Sherman/KT/Tiger i that actuates the "return to battery" for their existing recoil system. As i mentioned i took the VS Sherman recoil system apart and it has everything needed for a recoil except a way to move the gun tube back into battery. If anyone has a photo or an instruction or a diagram of a VStank with recoil showing the motor that might help. i was unable to find a motor or any other info on the Toyseast web site. Tim might look at voltages to improve the timing. I believe VS tank uses either 9.6 or 12 volts. Just a thought. Hey Tim can you show a pic of the recoil unit you are working with?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM

anybody have an answer for this yet?