Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

AFV Models

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFV Models

Seeing how I can't Ich spreche kein Deutsch (Speak German). I was wondering if someone here has purchased AFV Models Leo 2A6 idler wheels (AC-16-319) and could tell me in the universal language on how to assemble them. What I'm looking for is:

1.) How do adhere the end cap to the wheel shaft. Do I use Lock-Tite or does it lock in with pressure applied?

2.) The bolt ring the sits around the wheel shaft, do I CA glue that on?

3.) For priming the metal, could I use an automotive etching primer or Tamiya Metal Prep spray, then follow-up with NATO Green?

4.) Should I prime, paint and assemble first or assemble the complete Idler Wheel and then carry-out the priming and painting process?

5.) Is there an easier way to cut the flash of the rubber wheels?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AFV Models

Hey There Derek<div>
</div><div>What happened to the Tiger 1? Lol!</div><div>
</div><div>Sometimes the Hub caps are a tight fit other wise a tiny spot of CA! Cos you might need to take them off!</div><div>Auto etch primer is fine, I think a lot of the guys use auto primer! a lot less expensive!</div><div>I personally prime, assemble, then finish coat them if it's G<u>erman Armour!..</u> just remember not to paint over threads or contact surfaces that may need CA!</div><div>Not sure of the bolt ring? is it a washer? if it is! No glue!</div><div>
</div><div>Hope this helps, I'm sure others will step in with better advice as I'm a Tank virgin! only being doing it since Xmas and  on my second build!</div><div>
</div><div>Cheers from bonnie Scotland</div><div>Stewart</div>
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFV Models

Hey Stewart,

The Tiger 1 is a WIP, mother has allowed me to purchase parts for it in sub sections, I'm starting off with upper hull. With the Leo 2, I bought tracks for it and it recommended the metal idler set, so I went with it. The bolt ring is more of a detail item, definitely not a washer, so it will be CA glued on. Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated.

Derek