Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Easy to disassemble tank? >

Easy to disassemble tank?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Easy to disassemble tank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy to disassemble tank?

hey guys,

Completely new to R/C stuff, I'm working on a project for a class. What we have to do is take an R/C tank and override it's control commands to use a system that we've created. So to do this, we need access to the tanks servo's so that we can wire our circuit up to it. We have already purchased this tank http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 but when it arrived it actually looked more like http://www.amazon.com/ABRAMS-Battle-...21&sr=1-18 this one, not sure if there's a difference. However, we are finding it impossible to take apart. So my question is, can someone link me to a similarly priced tank that is easy to take apart, or post any help with taking the model we purchased apart. I tried googling around but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Easy to disassemble tank?

Hi
Check out the Heng Long or HL 1:16 scale you will be happy. Get one with the smoke and sound version. The Jagdpanther will give you lots of room . 8 screws to seperate top from hull.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I have to agree with harleridr, send that one back and get a Heng Long Jagdpanther.

Lots of room inside, easy to open, and 3 hatches on top that open for switches and plugs etc...

If you develop any good stuff... do share. Please.<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That tank does not use servos. You guys really should have  gone with a Tamiya Scientifc or VEX kit for this project.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:07 PM

What kit to use would depend on the controller/circuit you've created. Are you going to reprogram the transmitter? or mate it to another transmitter? If using another RC transmitter then it would be easier to mate with servos (feedback and programmable limits). If your not going to use an RC transmitter, maybe a HL as it uses simple DC motors (no feedback) or the tank you bought, It's gotta have screws (bottom of tank? maybe sides?, probably underneath the tank) they just don't cast whole tanks together..... (oh yea, forgot the gobs of glue slapped wherever...). Key to talking the tank apart would be finding the screws to remove the lower hull. It should lift up and allow access to the gearbox's/electronics/turret screws. Inside, it will have probably a cheap rc receiver/motor controller and dc motors with simple gearboxes to move the tank/turret/gun. Unlikely to have servos... but not to say you can't run it with servos.. take pics and post!! I love to read about creative modfications uses of tanks/frankentanks!!! lol ...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:26 AM

http://www.amazon.com/German-Panther...845&amp;sr=8-3something like that one? Are there any cheaper ones? Could you link me to any other viable options?As I said in my post, I'm completely new to this so I'm flying pretty blind. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Mato toys
Support/Matomart &lt;[email protected]&gt;