Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Hooben releases Fury RTR in 1:16 >

Hooben releases Fury RTR in 1:16

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben releases Fury RTR in 1:16

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 383 Likes on 241 Posts

Anh the fpv didnt interest me any way. Been there tried that and it wouls not work for IR battles so gave it up. Wasted my money.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:26 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Anh the fpv didnt interest me any way. Been there tried that and it wouls not work for IR battles so gave it up. Wasted my money.
It absolutely can be done right btw It is just way too expensive. I personally will get a set if they do, I'll FPV anything. What did you use for a screen? Did you a monitor or a set of goggles?
Old 06-12-2018, 07:58 AM

I had a spektrum set. The monitor was ok strapped to a transmitter but the camera sucked, wide angle could not see a tank 10 feet away. Also the picture would fade out when the tank drove probably from rfi from the motors.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM

I had a spektrum set. The monitor was ok strapped to a transmitter but the camera sucked, wide angle could not see a tank 10 feet away. Also the picture would fade out when the tank drove probably from rfi from the motors.
You need wide angle to an extent, I think a 2.3-2.5mm lens is about perfect for what we need in the tanks. You can use a 2.8 or higher as well if you want less FoV. You do need a high quality lens to prevent the fish eye effect though. Picture fading when you drive is either a weak power supply or motor noise, both can be fixed with a capacitor but shouldn't be needed. Once again there are proper ways to do it
I hate to bash on Spektrum but they are my least favorite brand these days. Everything is just overpriced and has less options than other similar RF options. I also used the 25mW cam they had when it first came out as a test and I can confirm it is garbage lol. With 25mW you should get at least 100m with a single omni antenna, more if you have a patch or diversity. As for the screen... that is no particular brand's fault, that is just no fun in general. Looking through some goggles removes you from just being an operator and put you in the seat of the tank. All light is shut out, you have audio (most do anyways), great optics, and lots of antenna options. I use the Fatshark Dominator V3s myself, they aren't the largest screen but it is VERY crisp and not too big. When the screen gets too large your reaction time slows as it takes time for your eyes to travel across the screen each time you have to look to the extreme edges. This is why I have not yet upgraded to HDV3 or the HDO goggles. They are very expensive (mine were $350 before the RF module and $50 after, then x2 $20 antennas) but have served me well for years and never had an issue. A nice pair of goggles can COMPLETELY change the experience.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:39 AM

For battling a goggle would give you tunnel vision whereas a screen on the radio allows you to see the gun sight, that was what i wanted. Really need i zoom lense for that. I did put camera on seperate battery and still got hash while driving so it had to be motors.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:24 AM

For battling a goggle would give you tunnel vision whereas a screen on the radio allows you to see the gun sight, that was what i wanted. Really need i zoom lense for that. I did put camera on seperate battery and still got hash while driving so it had to be motors.
See I actually like that, it is more real that way. High quality FPV cameras help and with the right settings you can see pretty well even on the low resolution screens. The thing for me is just lag, I can't have a 1-3 second lag each time I move, that to me is no go. The rest I can work around, even on a screen. Have you seen the TBS Tango transmitter? That one has a pretty nice screen in the middle of it. A friend of mine has one and loves his for small stuff.