Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
1:16 RC Tank Tamiya King Tiger Help >

1:16 RC Tank Tamiya King Tiger Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1:16 RC Tank Tamiya King Tiger Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1:16 RC Tank Tamiya King Tiger Help

Hello,

New to building RC tanks and I have the Tamiya King Tiger 1/16 and currently having a few questions

1) on the page it says if I have a Tamiya Attack 4WD TR set I can skip that step as the photos show I have a Tamiya 4WYD can I skip or no?
2) in steps 26 the screws seems to be screwed down albeit they say to not tighten it but mine are really tight and can only go halfway down, is that how it should be?
3) Instructions are not clear on how I can test the model and make sure everything works, most notably I wanna make sure the gear boxes and stuff work

Thank you

Sorry for no images forum won’t let me post
Old 05-29-2024, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Answers, Tiger Tank

I know more about this than planes so here you go!
1) Yes, it should be set to operate.
2)Do not tighten or loosen the screws, factory set!
3)Activate the tank and controller. You should be able to move all gears and turrent!

Hope it works as planned!
Old 05-30-2024, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by DeepCBoss
I know more about this than planes so here you go!
1) Yes, it should be set to operate.
2)Do not tighten or loosen the screws, factory set!
3)Activate the tank and controller. You should be able to move all gears and turrent!

Hope it works as planned!
Hello, Thank you so much for your reply, so I can skip the are I mentioned in question 1 right and for number 2 the screws are supposed to be halfway in?

Thank you

Btw you own a King Tiger 1/16 RC from Tamiya
Old 05-30-2024, 10:27 AM

Hello, so now the electronics kind of work, with the engine sounds coming on when I turn the tank on but the sprockets spins within the tracks but the tracks do not move at all?

any help on this?
Old 05-30-2024, 05:01 PM

I have fixed the above issue as my track was too loose but now the problem is whenever I go forward on my tank it goes backwards and whenever I go backwards it goes forwards. To add to that it doesn’t seems able to go left or right either. Really frustrating tbh. Please help!
Old 05-30-2024, 06:56 PM

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

On your transmitter you need to reverse the direction of the servo for the drive motors older transmitters did it by a switch newer transmitter do it by the setting on the screen this will help you get the ideal on how to do it .

Last edited by bowlman; 05-30-2024 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:11 PM

Thank you for your reply bowlman but mine doesn’t have servos. It just has a controller, 4ch receiver and the switch. When I steer forward it goes backwards and vice versa. Going forward bring a herky jerky movement. I tried to reset the dmd unit but every time I plug in the source of power the speakers are blaring I am not sure if I could unplug speak than do it but will that effect the syncing of sound later on?

Thank you
Old 05-30-2024, 07:32 PM

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

You might find this playlist on YouTube useful:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._sARrTgKwcQhwZ
Old 05-31-2024, 08:26 AM

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

One comes to setting up the direction of travel with the transmitter its the same with servos or no servos the tank control board takes the signal from the transmitter and receiver to the control board so if your tank treads are moving the wrong direction you can revers with what is called the servo direction settings on the transmitter .
Old 05-31-2024, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by bowlman
One comes to setting up the direction of travel with the transmitter its the same with servos or no servos the tank control board takes the signal from the transmitter and receiver to the control board so if your tank treads are moving the wrong direction you can revers with what is called the servo direction settings on the transmitter .
I don’t know but I noticed the tracks were on in the wrong direction I swapped them around and there is no jerky movements and it runs quite smoothly. Regarding the reverse movements I tried resetting the DMD board but to no use. What I did was than flip channel two on the transmitter to reverse if that’s what you mean. And now when I steer forwards it goes forwards etc. only issue is my idler wheel sometimes comes loose but I see track tension is a common issue among KT.
The following users liked this post:
bowlman (06-01-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 05:24 PM

cleong i follow this person but he skips some steps on the RC
Old 06-02-2024, 06:03 AM

Hello couple of questions, one of my idler wheels feels a bit loose and some times jumps to the front of my other wheels and comes off completely is that a common problem and should I look to after market parts or is there a way to fix it a bit so I don’t have to look to after market parts right away. Also a trivial question I have the dmd board and speakers and gearboxes all hooked up if anything and the tanks near repairs at the bottom do you still just flip the whole tank around but would that damage the gearboxes wires etc?

Thank you