Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 HL Stopping Tamiya Post Deleted >

HL Stopping Tamiya Post Deleted

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Stopping Tamiya Post Deleted

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Stopping Tamiya Post Deleted

Anyone know why that got deleted? That was the hoting thread ever here. I never saw one get to 6 pages so fast. In fact, I don't think I ever saw one get to 6 pages, and there were new voices. I thought it was quite civil.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 AM

Default RE: HL Stopping Tamiya Post Deleted

Clearly, people are uncomfortable with this discussion. I was actually enjoying all of the economic theories and such. Maybe it got deleted in an attempt for the few to rationalize for themselves why the just spent $500-900 dollars on a model tank.

But, the thread is dead now so we should move on. Keep in mind though that this issue will never go away no matter how many threads are deleted. It is a valid issue and will come up from time to time. I actually feel kind of suppressed by this action, because the discussion was not uncivil. I hope I don't get thrown off this message board for saying this.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:19 AM

It's a shame that we lose such a an insightful thread the way we did. I would have assumed offenders would have been dealt with and their posts deleted, but for us enjoying the topic to lose the entire thread
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM

Agreed. Watch now, this will become a new thread to be deleted LOL.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:49 AM

Guys, think about it.....
Towerhobbies is the major sponsor of this forum...right?
What does Tower sell for $669......duh, Tamiya Tiger?
You guys were slamming the sponsors product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, go figure why that post was deleted(and this one to soon follow)
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Reeeally! Thats interesting, I did not know that. Well now I can see why they did that. So much for customer service [:'(]. Hey tower, How about lowering your prices instead of acting like a child. I'm getting ready to buy the Leo 2 off of some guy in Hong Kong for $800 and change and Tower is more expensive. Don't give me import tax and stuff bull. Even if they lowered the prices they are still making a killing. They buy in whole sale and thus get discounts per unit price from Tamiya. I would have rather bought it from them instead of having it sent to me half way around the world, and it's still cheaper!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 AM

I agree...the discussion was an insight, but I think it was 'hotting up' to the point of unacceptability to the regulators..........oh well......as has been said, this issue wont go away
and I look forward to more of this - on a civil basis of course..............
Old 08-17-2006, 10:47 AM

I dont have to rationalize why I spend my money on $1,000 toys. reason simple ITS MY MONEY I refuse to feel guilty about being able to afford the toys I want. Beside 1,000 is cheaper then a mistress [sm=tongue_smile.gif] and REALLY cheaper then a divorce.

On the point that the thread was deleted because of Tower Hobbies Sponsorship ... censorship does not work - EVER. block people from talking freely here and guess what they will go other places then what happens to effectiveness of the Tower Hobby Ads on this site... they go down of course. ... Just a thought for the speach police.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 PM

I suppose if I had a cancerous spot on my arm, I could opt for the removal of my entire arm to rid myself of the spot, rather than the spot itself. I suppose THAT would solve the problem.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:33 PM

I hadn't even read this when I made my newest post - but spot on dude. Though I have disagreed vehemently with the twins to say the least, as long as they keep the cheap shots to at least a min, I'd still argue for their right to express their views. What is this - V for Vendetta Britain in the future?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jstewa41

I dont have to rationalize why I spend my money on $1,000 toys. reason simple ITS MY MONEY I refuse to feel guilty about being able to afford the toys I want. Beside 1,000 is cheaper then a mistress [sm=tongue_smile.gif] and REALLY cheaper then a divorce.

On the point that the thread was deleted because of Tower Hobbies Sponsorship ... censorship does not work - EVER. block people from talking freely here and guess what they will go other places then what happens to effectiveness of the Tower Hobby Ads on this site... they go down of course. ... Just a thought for the speach police.
You are absolutely right jstewa41, you do not have to rationalize to anyone. It is your money. But, for people in general on this message board to get upset about a valid issue, and go to great lengths to protect the image of companies like Tamiya who deserve some criticism, leaves the impression to other that THEY might deep down feel cheated in spending alot of money. So, they attack anyone who might suggest that these tanks are overpriced. Doing this may simply make them feel better about their purchase. (I am not necessarily talking about you jstewa41).

About the TowerHobbies thing I don't know. I'm just replied based on what the other lady or gentleman said.

I agree with Templars83 too.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM

there is so much hate about hl tanks in here ,
that does`nt suprise me at all.
can almost not read a topic with out someone saying tamiya is the best and hl a crap.
we all now that tams are better ,the problem is the price .

Old 08-17-2006, 02:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RCU was afraid we would stop tanking and become politicians?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 PM

funny cap
not that avatar again !
Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM

It is common knowledge that criticism has the uncanny ability to make things better in the end. Also, it should be noted that the definition of "good" and "bad" varies quite a bit depending on perspective. If a debate is considered as two sides criticising the other's perspective, then how is this a bad thing?

The problem only arises when debate turns to argument.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Thats a cheap shot ,but I won't report you. If you could have kept your finger off the 'report' button the thread would still be there.

ORIGINAL: Templars83

Though I have disagreed vehemently with the twins to say the least, as long as they keep the cheap shots to at least a min, I'd still argue for their right to express their views.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: boba

It is common knowledge that criticism has the uncanny ability to make things better in the end. Also, it should be noted that the definition of "good" and "bad" varies quite a bit depending on perspective. If a debate is considered as two sides criticising the other's perspective, then how is this a bad thing?

The problem only arises when debate turns to argument.

Absolutely! My posts about Tamiya and pricing is just opinion, trying to understand the nature of the issue. I love Tamiya tanks and I am about to buy one. But, that does not mean I stop observing and commenting on behavior that I see and problematic for the consumer. There might be disappointment but there is no hate here. In the end this forum and hobby is about enjoyment and social interaction. Issues like these are a part of that.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 PM

you just took the words off my mouth

ORIGINAL: Amuro

ORIGINAL: jstewa41

You are absolutely right jstewa41, you do not have to rationalize to anyone. It is your money. But, for people in general on this message board to get upset about a valid issue, and go to great lengths to protect the image of companies like Tamiya who deserve some criticism, leaves the impression to other that THEY might deep down feel cheated in spending alot of money. So, they attack anyone who might suggest that these tanks are overpriced. Doing this may simply make them feel better about their purchase. (I am not necessarily talking about you jstewa41).

About the TowerHobbies thing I don't know. I'm just replied based on what the other lady or gentleman said.

I agree with Templars83 too.

oh and did i miss anything, i was away for a while and suddenly all this thing about thread deleted stuff going on. what the heck happened
Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM

You'd report your own mother if it were in your best interests. I've never seen a man like you - you are in a category all your own.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:15 PM
My Feedback: (17)

The "thread" was deleted because it got WAY OFF topic.

Sure the first couple pages were just fine, but a few of the people in this forum decide to go at each other as usual.

Now did I just up and decide to delete it? NO, the mods attention was brought to the thread by one of the members of the TANK forum. So, when that happens we keep an eye on it. There was no way to clean up that thread as every other post was another "pissing" contest. So, the post went....
Old 08-17-2006, 09:17 PM

Someone is going to have to start a Heng Long English site - because these instigators are not going to stop. In the meantime - the admins who lately have been watching, aren't taking the time to do their job well at all. They get bits and pieces and then when you object, they say SILENCE - READ THE RULES AGAIN - YOU WILL NOT CRITISIZE WE GODLIKE MODERATORS AND TO SHOW YOU OUR AWESOME POWER, WE WILL KILL THAT THREAD WITH ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK GONE TO WASTE - EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE..

I say its time to start a yahoo usergroup like the Stuart one and show these clowns how really to do a forum on RC tanks - these guys don't have a clue and they can't keep the instigators from instigating
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

The "thread" was deleted because it got WAY OFF topic.

Sure the first couple pages were just fine, but a few of the people in this forum decide to go at each other as usual.

Now did I just up and decide to delete it? NO, the mods attention was brought to the thread by one of the members of the TANK forum. So, when that happens we keep an eye on it. There was no way to clean up that thread as every other post was another "pissing" contest. So, the post went....

wow anyway i can look at the thread after my last post? it would be a great learning experience for me
Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 PM

todays incidents will surly be posted on other forum tomorow.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:23 PM

keep me posted if theres any discussion about what happened.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:24 PM

Well Tankduel accused me of reporting a bunch of people for comments - which is patently untrue - you will not find a ticket one from me over that long post. Yet, tankduel is allowed to play good cop and try to say nicely - now templars this isn't being critical - but if you blah blah blah - dont hit the report button so much - blah blah blah - then it wouldnt have been deleted. I dont mean to be critical - blah blah blah - but you have your own self to blame.

When I went to bed - there were some good economics and pricing debates going on - I did not see one thing wrong at all to that point. So whatever happened was after my watch, and I don't appreciate Tanduel instiagating yet another round of slanderous bull crap. He hijacks threads all the time and then has the nerver to post a topic in caps TAMIYA OWNERS ONLY THREAD. Man - get a fricking clue and a fricking life.

You were wrong - though you may have been well intentioned - to have deleted the entire thread. My your RC tank comments in 5 words or less is a parody of this bad decision, in case you did not know this and I feel the need to point this out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.