Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Panzer III idler wheel mount upgrade >

Panzer III idler wheel mount upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzer III idler wheel mount upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panzer III idler wheel mount upgrade

Hi guys,

As you know I am doing much research as I can to dissemble my first pazer III(spare tank) and try to work out the most economical way of upgrading the idler wheel mount. And I found it. In hardware shop.

The angle brachcet are metal with 5mm hole, just the right size for me to install a 5mm brass axel, and the idler wheels are locked by two collar wheels....(easy eh). This saves me lots of money instead of going to a machine shop.
Note. You need two piecies of this bracket and run a SINGLE brass rod/or steel rod over it.

Here are the pictures. The bottom hole close to the base is the one I use. I need to file the back panel (0.5mm)to align the axel to the original hole as possible., Luckly the height is just right.

What you think....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11236.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	689539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38201.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	689540  
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM

Default RE: Panzer III idler wheel mount upgrade

its pity no one replies my emial. Well, I just bought some 3/16 wheel collars for my real axel and drilled out using 5mm drill bits. Its so hard to find 5mmID collars since every one is selling"imperial " system. I am happy, the 3/16 collars is just the right size to fit into idler wheels cap.

So its working 100%. I will update the pictures soon.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I didn't reply to you but I wasn't 100% sure what it was you were doing! Please keep posting pics though, nothing around here ever goes un-noticed
Old 05-31-2007, 08:16 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. I don't fully understand what it is you are going to be doing. Please post more pics as you move along so the idea becomes clearer to us.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also John, check the 'views' count on your post, it counts everyone who looks at your post, so we are looking and reading.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Thanks guys... I see. ......I will post more picture this weekend-give me 2 days when I installed the axel mount on the panzer 111
Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM

ok, i am back again for more infromation about my mod on panzer III.
I tried the metal gear box on L and R with out load just free spin by hands. I found on L gear box is not smooth like skip gears.... I could not work out why for a while even I done some ajustment on the cross member brass rod. And still does the same....

Eventually I noticed, HL doggy job, they added two washes on each brass rod which for me its like a savertage...and no washes was found on rh side gear box. So soon as I removed these two washers from the two brass rod. The gear box went FINE and tight, but still not as loose as rh side gear box. This time its tight but no skipping gears. Any way, this is good already as I dnt expect too much from HL.

I also added two small hard drive fans on long side of the circuit board since its sit up right.

I took all the pictures for the process, and will up date when I finished the painting.....I rather do all at once.

Meanwhile, I have spent 414AS = 285 US dollars. after all, i am saving up tamiya dmd and mf1 for my next panzer III(o rlast one). Now is considering the Tamiya king tiger = 600US (metal tracks ) shipped as my final project.

stay in tune..

thanks