Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Recoil Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Recoil Motor

I have fitted the Wecohe recoil upgrade to my Tamiya Tiger 1. I have also fitted a smoke unit which drives off the motor to blow smoke when the gun fires. As a result of the extra current used to drive the fan and the new spring I only get about 5 or 6 shots with a new battery, then the moter gets too weak to push the gun back forward. I'm thinking of fitting a stonger motor. This will obviously need to be the same size as the current motor, any ideas?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Recoil Motor

I don't know, but wouldn't a stronger motor require more power from the battery? [] Could you put in a better battery pack, instead?

Chad
Old 07-22-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya Recoil Motor

you might want to just have a puff of smoke after the gun fires, when the fumes clear the tube and a new round is being loaded. Not much smoke is being generated on actual firing. What you see on firing is mostly dirt/dust etc kicked up from the ground. There is generally a puff of smoke exiting the muzzle pushed out from the new round entering the chamber. That might save a lot of juice.