Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Moving machine gun on Pershing >

Moving machine gun on Pershing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Moving machine gun on Pershing

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving machine gun on Pershing

I found this clip on Youtube:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKMANmmrZ0&mode=related&search=[/link]

The Pershing's machine gun can move about as it is firing. [sm=thumbup.gif]Does anyone know how this is accomplished?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 AM

Default RE: Moving machine gun on Pershing

Hi there, i actually know an answer to this, (how rare is that!!) The 30 cal bow machine gun is moved by a very small free spinning servo with simple cam attached to it which is powered in line, so that when you fire the machine gun it powers up the servo, which then spins, making the gun move from side to side, a friend of mine did it to his tamiya full option pershing, , he did some mods to the ball mount to make it swivel freely, then fabricated the linkages and servo mounts, i dont think it is that hard to do, but didnt bother on mine,
but now you refreshed my memory, i may just do it, ...another thing on the to do list!! hope this helped cheers, CC
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very realistic...except...the bow gunner can't see what he's doing...no periscopes.
The BOG was a free swinging cal 30, supported by an equiliberator spring and the gunner adjusted and aimed by watching the tracers. Also the tank's co-ax MG is sitting way too high. It has to sit even with the main gun, as it fired on exactly the same axis..
Still, it's a really neat thing and i'd like to have my coax and BOG wired up that way. The main gun recoil is also a nice feature.

Bill
Old 08-21-2007, 07:55 PM

you think its even tamiya? looks kinda like a hybrid.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 AM

Yeah definately looks tamiya with the lights recoil and all, but the muzzle flash isnt working, you can see the led/strobe in the end of the barrel though,, plus that sounds exactly like mine, and the HL sounds are not that close, CC