Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Tiger I Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Tiger I Arrived

Well my HL Tiger I arrived today and I'm impressed. I mailed the money order for it on Thursday the 16th and it arrived today 7 days later that realy impressed me on how fast they processed my order.
I did a test run here arounf the living room and everything works the sound, the smoke, driving, etc, and the gun fires great. There was one small part that was broken but it fixed that with a spot of liquid model glue(Testors Liquid), one of the arms on the one smoke dischargers that go on the turret was broken off. I'm not impressed with the figure though but I didn't plan on useing it anyways. I plan on takeing one of my Verlinden figures and customize it as the new tank commander. In a cpl days I'm going to start and do some modifications and re-painting the tank. I will have some questions to ask shortly but that will come later.
I honestly say I'm glad I bought the HL Tiger I tank, I've always wanted an rc tank but just could never afford the Tamiya ones
Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HL Tiger I Arrived

Make sure to break in your motors and gears as described in the faq. Do it before you drive it too much. Trust me, you'll thank yourself.
Perry
Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 PM

I plan on doing just that
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM

wait a minute...a Tiger?....how you going to turn that into a Stug
Perry
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 AM

I don't never said I could convert a tiger to a stugIII... but I could convert the pzrIII into a stug very easily
Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 AM

yes, I was joking, I read in an earlier post that the stug was your favorite. Dang, I really need to work on my jokes.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
SPM

pzrwest:
I bet you'll want a tamiya next. This is where I am at now (need to find the funds first). This RC stuff all started two months ago when I saw these micro heli on TV. I purchased a few and broke them both in one day (small stuff breaks very easy). Next I purchased a mini-z Kyosho monster truck - cool but only so fun. Then I purchased a few 24 scale VS tanks. I bought a Tiger and an Abrams. They are totally cool. Out of the box they look more like actual models than RC toys; but I wanted something bigger, something I could make my own (paint it) so I purchased a HL bulldog with metal tracks. Now I wish I could trade all of this stuff for a tamiya Tiger. After viewing the tamiya on youtube you see (hear) the better sound quality. Plus you get to build them. So I am going to start saving for one. Actually I wish Heng Long and Tamiya made a 1/8 scale tanks. The bigger the better but those totally custom tanks that cost $xxxxx for just one tank is a bit over the edge for me.

Shawn