Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1 M26 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 M26 on the way!

Hello... Made my order today for my M-26, I was going to order a PZIII but I think that this tank would better for a starter tank and I do want to do allot of custom work to the PZ so im going to stick with the M-26 and just do some paint work and small detail work to it. WOOT! cant wait to play with my new toy!! I got a sweet deal to.

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/produ...b81897a1c6bc17

Now I'd like to do some upgrades but I don't even know where to start.

Suggestions?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1 M26 on the way!

timoo1ca

Congrats the Pershing is an AWESOME Tank, at minumin IMHO you still need to take apart inspect everything, and make sure that the grear box is tight no loose screws or gearbox cross bars rolling around. And you should break in the motor and gear box, you can achieve up to 20 percent more power to motors!

The Blitz
Old 01-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!

Get a real battery charger if you don't already have one, a peak charger. Get real batteries, 3600mah minimum. Throw away the stock BBs in the little box. If this version comes with big bottle of yellow ones, they are second only to Crosman Glos, good deal!

After breaking in the gearbox and motors, add about 6-8 ounces of weight up front. This gets the bow down when running across grass and aids in tractive effort when climbing. I added a pound to mine because the tank is heavier then stock with the brass airsoft barrel and counter-weights in the turret to balance it out.

If you want the barrel an accurate length, add 32-33mm. Inner barrel will go from 175mm to 207mm. M3A1 gun has barrel excavator used on M26A1 Pershing used during Korean War.

If you want to seal the lower hull and move all the switched under the hatches, that is a fun and rewarding modification. I like the compact W.S. Deans charging jack.

WW2 or Korean War era tank? There are detail differences between the 2. The tank comes in the box as a 1950 model.

Lots of posts on cutting the fenders off, see my M26A1 build about how to get the front right if you're going for accuracy.

Pattoncommader has forgotten more about these tanks then all of us will ever know, any questions he's your best source of information.

Enjoy!

Ohh, 2 more things! The "search" feature is your friend and read my signature!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good choice...The Pershing was a great tank and has an enviable history, both at the end of WW II and in Korea. . If you want to modify and get rid of the Chinese toy maker's goofy ideas, go to the War Room, page 7...Authenticating a Pershing and there's a breakdown and suggestions of what needs to be done to make it look like an M-26. [8D] With a little modelling skill, you can also modify it to 3 other versions, M-26A1, M-45 or Super Pershing without a great deal of work. .