Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank (LAV) Photo's >

1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank (LAV) Photo's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank (LAV) Photo's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank (LAV) Photo's

Thought I would post some pictures and a little write up on this 1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank===If this is not for you hit your back button now=====
On blitzkriegs build thread where he bought one of these to get the water cannon for his build he refer's to this as a ( LAV ) so I will assume that is in fact what it is.On the box there is no other refference to it other than a -----1/16 scale Panzer water tank---
I also believe pattoncommander bought one of these for the same reason,to get the water cannon.

Will start with the size--Length-15 inches. Width-7 inches to outside of tires,6 inches to widest part of center of the hull,4 inches down the inside hull that is useable space with a battery box sticking up about 1 inch with-in that space.The height is about 8 inches to the top of machine gun.

The turret moves by power from a motor but is set up different than in most tanks.The turret motor is mounted off to one side over one corner of the battery box in the bottom half of the hull.The two hulls must be screwed togeather for turret to opperate.The cannon must be moved up and down manually.

The hull plastic is is not super heavy duty but seems to be fairly strong.Most of all the external items attached to the uper hull is screwed on and can be removed with ease for painting or to fit personel choices for appearance.

All the internal parts are held in place with screws for easy removal.The water tank sets in the back of the vehicle and takes up about 5 inches.There is the pump motor and assembly,turret motor,servo motor assembly for steering,and the electrical control board in the very front of the lower hull.

The Wheels=8 wheels,very back two are the driver's,front two for steering,and the four center wheels are free wheeling.All the wheels are very sloppy feeling,and they have no back side to them.They are just a shell and poor quality over-all.

Test Running===I only did a very short running test on a low battery just to get a feel of how it handles over-all.I ran it on carpet
but will state that on smooth hard surface it appears to be very slippery,steering is not very good and requires a fairly big area to complete a full circle turn.Steering is done with a geared motor that resembles a servo (but is not a servo)and is not what you would call true proportional steering.

There is a lot of potential for building a good model out of this if you want to invest the time and parts to do so.I would assume a lot of variations could be accomplished to match individual tastes.If anyone would like a specific measurement while I have this apart I will be happy to give it to you if you ask.

I allready had a plan in mind for what I wanted to do to it when I ordered it.I will stray far from what it was in its original form but it will be built to please me and I'm not going to be trying to copy anything in particular.Just going to be a fun project for me.If anyone has been looking at these for a build of a specific model of this vehicle,I hope this will be of use for you. Rguards BIGMIG
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Default RE: 1/16 scale Panzer Water Tank (LAV) Photo's

I could not get the pictures to load on the first post so will try to load them below----BIGMIG
Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 PM

Pictures to follow I hope---BIGMIG [:-][:-][:-]

If you would like a specific picture of any part of this vehicle,now would be the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20518.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	871185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94432.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	871186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44871.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	871187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32146.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	871188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te46483.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	871189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq97628.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	871190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fh80801.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	871191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db95973.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	871192  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca51914.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	871193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr80554.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	871194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag37853.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	871195  
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Bigmig,

What is the wheel diameter, and the length/width of the chassis?

Regards,

bullyhys
Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Hello bullyhys,
The length and width are detailed above,the wheels are just a little over 2 1/2 inches tall and about 1 inch wide.
BIGMIG
Old 02-05-2008, 11:47 PM

I find this kind of funny,Blitz and Pattoncommander bought these for the guns and I bought it for the hull. BIGMIG
Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 AM

Sorry my bad,

That what I get for not reading the entire post[X(]

Thanks for the info, me thinks that I'll have to acquire a pair of these for a project idea I have in mind..

Regards,

bullyhys
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 AM

Correct, I bought two of these only for the water gun and they really work great [8D]I have sent the rest out to people where they could be used. Quality of manufacture is questionable, RC electronics are like Century 21, with either full speed (man, that thing really rolls fast[X(])or full stop and detailing is also not all that great. A fun toy for a young kid, but would take a lot of modelling to make it into a decent running and representative LAV-25. The wheels would have to be replaced, as they are cheap, molded shells with no traction and an unrealistic look. The Name of the thing "Panzer" is equally as Mickey Mouse as Panzer is German for armor and normally refers to a tank, which it is not. More Chinese ideology. [:'(] At least I got what I needed in the water guns and now have a really nice functional Ot-34 and a Panzer III M flammenpanzer for my WW II demo section. Blitzkrieg did a great job hooking everthing up and getting all the electronics updated and working. I'd be interested in seeing what someone could do in making this into a nice LAV.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM

These were for sure directed for kids and are inexpensive toys,and buy the amount of stores that are sold out proves they were probbly a hot item at christmas time.We a lot of the time critasize how poorly some of this stuff is made but fail to consider what we are paying for it and to whom this item was intended for.I give a lot of credit to the people who make these toys that we buy and play around with.I sometimes stop and think about what is involved with the manufacture of these items.For costing what they do they get them pretty realistic and some with suprising details.There are a lot of talented people involved to get these to the stores for us to buy.Think about just some of what is involved in the manufacturing of these--Someone has to measure and draw up the scale plans for the die maker,the die maker has to build all the dies with minute detail,these will go into a injection molding machine
that cost a lot of money no mater what country they are built in,all these parts get trimed and go into bins that will go to different points on an assembly line,there they are assembled with all the other components,packaged and go aboard a ship to go to a port for further distribution,then to the seller we buy from and at a cost in the case of this water gun vehicle $39.90.I would say over-all not bad for for what you get. For those who wish to turn these into a more correct vehicle of this type,the potential for that is great
if that is what you would like to do. BIGMIG
Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 PM

I got one originally just to add to my collection. I would like to find a way to get all back 6 working in unison. thinking of adding small gears at the wheel/axle area and a plastic chain to all of the axles. wonder if i will ever do that...
Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 AM

Well it might be a little harder to steer with all six wheels under power.I'm still not sure what I will do to mine yet,I'm painting the upper hull and turret to start with.In some ways I'm tempted to leave it stock but originally bought it to put tracks on it,but if I do that I need to order another PZ III for a parts tank.I for sure hate to tear apart a perfectly good tank,but for now got lots of time so will think about it for a while during the paint job.Let us know if you figure out how to power all the back wheels. BIGMIG
Old 11-03-2013, 04:03 AM

Is Raidentech the only seller of this? I am interested in tackling the modification aspect, need a winter hobby.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 AM

I was thinking of doing this a couple years ago when they first came out, but wasn't sure about how to handle installing some sort of suspension and what wheel/tire combo to use(although I was thinking about using the 1/10 Tamiya hummer as a parts source).....

You can see there is some major springs/shocks on the first two axles..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hummer tires.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1936247   Click image for larger version

Name:	lav.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1936248  

Last edited by DirtyBird69; 11-03-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Agree that some of the detail may be lost. I was thinking of making the front 4 functional-power and turning. Turn a blind eye to the detail of the suspension and work more on the hull/turret detail. Tires from (one of the German stores) appears to have tires and rims/hubs that are close to what it should be. Need to gather more info before venturing forth on this.