Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 RC Tank Shops/Manufactures >

RC Tank Shops/Manufactures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tank Shops/Manufactures

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Tank Shops/Manufactures

Two strongly recommended Australian vendors are -

RC TigerLand: http://www.rctigerland.com.au/rctigerland/index.php

Oz Armour: http://www.ozarmour.com/

RC Tigerland has been around longer and has a better range but Oz Armour is growing fast. Both have stores on eBay as well and from personal experience they are both great to deal with.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 AM

List is getting long but all updated with all suggestions above.

Thanks you all.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 AM

I think ToyEast is in Hong Kong, not USA.
There's many good price Hong Kong based Ebay stores.
I would recommend Hobby Summit, very good service.
If you have a chance to visit HK, they can deliver to your hotel while others stores denied.
I just bought 2 Tamiya tanks from them. Good deal.

And a good painting resource. http://www.naritafamily.com/scalemodelTOP.htm
The very good 1/16 KT painting example here made me more confident to drain my wallet for Tamiya KT.[:@]
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: koomairoo

I think ToyEast is in Hong Kong, not USA.
There's many good price Hong Kong based Ebay stores.
I would recommend Hobby Summit, very good service.
If you have a chance to visit HK, they can deliver to your hotel while others stores denied.
I just bought 2 Tamiya tanks from them. Good deal.

And a good painting resource. http://www.naritafamily.com/scalemodelTOP.htm
The very good 1/16 KT painting example here made me more confident to drain my wallet for Tamiya KT.[:@]
Changed toy easy to CHina.

As far as the EBay dealers I didn't add them as I don't have contact information or seller link.

Added the painting resource.

Good stuff.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM

If anybody else has any other reccomendations or if any of the new people are looking at this and have any input to make this better let me know.

Thanks all.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Dmon1996

I've got one more - the-rc-dynasty on eBay. IT is true that they do not actually have a shop, but they have an ebay shop and have treated me very well when I've dealt with them.
FWIW, I think rc-dynasty is Mato Toys.

Cheers, Bob

Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

I would recommend against Raidentech- I dealt with them when I started in the hobby and got royally screwed. It took over a month to get my money back, adn only after multiple calls and chat sessions. In a nutshell, they sold me a tank they did not have, had backordered and had no clue when and if they would ever get in again. And the only way I found out was due to the note they shipped to me with all the accessories I ordered at the same time. Fat lot of good they did with no tank! And once I had cancelled the order, they were refusing to refund the difference in my shipping- why should I pay an extra $20 for shipping on a tank they weren't shipping?

Anyway, they are out there but I recommend you stick to the reputable suppliers.

I have no experience with Raidentech but that is the concensus I got as well with the dealer. They do operate under another company name as well. Maybe I should Note for them this dealer has had many issues in the past and is not a recommended shop? Or should I just take them off the list. I know some ppl still do use them which is why I added them.

Ideas?

Got to say seeing I'm still a member here,although at present not working on a tank (but still have a couple I'll be doing this winter) I think your listing above is fine.My question is why you would post along with the Raidentec site that they are not a good place to buy a tank.???? What is that based on.???How many tanks or any other products they sell have you bought from them.I seem to recall just a short time back you were buying your first tank and asking where the best place was to buy it.?????

I have stated many times here that I'm in no way connected with "Raidentec" in any way shape or form.All the military items I have bought in the last two years or more are posted thru-out this forum somewhere (Tanksmany scale sizesseveral hummersa jeep and othere items-the count at one time was more than ( 43 )...).......................Now how many do you have.????

There are a lot of new guys who are going to come on this forum who don't have a bunch of money to throw away and see this "BULL" about what a lousy place "Raidentech" is to buy a tank from and this is not true for 95 percent of the guys who buy there.
I could name you most of the members here that continue to post this same crap and most of them ordered one time from them and had a problem.How many on here do you think have ordered tanks from them never having any problem of any kind and at the same time got them cheaper that then could from any other vendor and a lot of the orders with free shipping on top of the best price.

If someone orders from them and has a problem,thats a different story and he has the right to tell what happens good or bad.What I have a problem with is those who just spread gossip based on zero facts and those who are pushing the new guy to those who use this forum as a store for selling their tanks and whares and knowing full well that these places may not be all that great of buys on the tanks they sell.

I can tell you I have bought more than 10 tanks from them along with three RC boats and all cheaper than anywhere else I have found,and the boats along with the last three or four tanks all with free shipping and zero problems and fast shipping.

Now we get down to all this after the sale fantastic good service everyone talks about.That might be a great selling point on a $40,000.00 car,but don't hold much water on a $70.00 dollar tank.What is all this good service amount to........Someone sends you a defective tank and out of the good of their heart they are going to send you the parts so "YOU" can fix this broken tank?That is good service ??? Tanks do slip through the cracks and sometimes a guy can get a defective one.......Its a $70.00 dollar toy built in china
so what do you expect.???? You can buy a new car for thousands of dollars and have problems.If you live in the states,that is where you are going to get your best price and in the worse case and you get a bad one it will cost you anothr 15 or 16 dollars to send it back and get it replaced.If it was shipped to you free and it cost you $50.00 dollars less than what you would pay somewhere else,what is 15 or 16 dollars to send it back.????? Can't figure out how this can be so hard to understand ????

Tell it like it is guys...........Thats what this forum is for and how you can best help the new guy to get into this hobby and have some fun with the tanks.

Best of luck guys,and happy tanking.........I know I had a lot of fun with them........

BIGMIG Larry................

Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

I would recommend against Raidentech- I dealt with them when I started in the hobby and got royally screwed. It took over a month to get my money back, adn only after multiple calls and chat sessions. In a nutshell, they sold me a tank they did not have, had backordered and had no clue when and if they would ever get in again. And the only way I found out was due to the note they shipped to me with all the accessories I ordered at the same time. Fat lot of good they did with no tank! And once I had cancelled the order, they were refusing to refund the difference in my shipping- why should I pay an extra $20 for shipping on a tank they weren't shipping?

Anyway, they are out there but I recommend you stick to the reputable suppliers.

I have no experience with Raidentech but that is the concensus I got as well with the dealer. They do operate under another company name as well. Maybe I should Note for them this dealer has had many issues in the past and is not a recommended shop? Or should I just take them off the list. I know some ppl still do use them which is why I added them.

Ideas?

Got to say seeing I'm still a member here,although at present not working on a tank (but still have a couple I'll be doing this winter) I think your listing above is fine.My question is why you would post along with the Raidentec site that they are not a good place to buy a tank.???? This is based on when I was trying to purchase my first tank as you keep referring to and also the comment of the ppl on this forum. What is that based on.??? My own experience as well as some of the other.How many tanks or any other products they sell have you bought from them.I seem to recall just a short time back you were buying your first tank and asking where the best place was to buy it.????? Correct.

I have stated many times here that I'm in no way connected with ''Raidentec'' in any way shape or form.All the military items I have bought in the last two years or more are posted thru-out this forum somewhere (Tanksmany scale sizesseveral hummersa jeep and othere items-the count at one time was more than ( 43 )...).......................Now how many do you have.???? None

There are a lot of new guys who are going to come on this forum who don't have a bunch of money to throw away and see this ''BULL'' about what a lousy place ''Raidentech'' is to buy a tank from and this is not true for 95 percent of the guys who buy there.
I could name you most of the members here that continue to post this same crap and most of them ordered one time from them and had a problem.How many on here do you think have ordered tanks from them never having any problem of any kind and at the same time got them cheaper that then could from any other vendor and a lot of the orders with free shipping on top of the best price. Well never know I guess cause ppl aren't speaking up as you stated.

If someone orders from them and has a problem,thats a different story and he has the right to tell what happens good or bad.What I have a problem with is those who just spread gossip based on zero facts and those who are pushing the new guy to those who use this forum as a store for selling their tanks and whares and knowing full well that these places may not be all that great of buys on the tanks they sell. Well as a new person I won't know and I can only go on the facts that ppl present like you said. So if you have had such a problem with this why didn't you create a thread like this to help new ppl like me. I don't see you stepping up and helping. I sure would of appreciated that when I bought my tank, but there wasn't a thread like this out. So I created one to help the same ppl in my situation.

I can tell you I have bought more than 10 tanks from them along with three RC boats and all cheaper than anywhere else I have found,and the boats along with the last three or four tanks all with free shipping and zero problems and fast shipping.
Its good to have feed back for them and this is what this post was about minus the bashing you have towards me putting something together here to help ppl. Please continue to post your feedback as that is important and if you feel this is such a bad thing I am doing here I would ask you to step up to the plate and help us newbies.

Now we get down to all this after the sale fantastic good service everyone talks about.That might be a great selling point on a $40,000.00 car,but don't hold much water on a $70.00 dollar tank.What is all this good service amount to........Someone sends you a defective tank and out of the good of their heart they are going to send you the parts so ''YOU'' can fix this broken tank?That is good service ??? Tanks do slip through the cracks and sometimes a guy can get a defective one.......Its a $70.00 dollar toy built in china
so what do you expect.????
I expect that when I buy a tank or a car that whomever sells me the tank stand by their product and will be around for question when something is bad. And that is exactly the experience I had with my first tank.
You can buy a new car for thousands of dollars and have problems.If you live in the states,that is where you are going to get your best price and in the worse case and you get a bad one it will cost you anothr 15 or 16 dollars to send it back and get it replaced.If it was shipped to you free and it cost you $50.00 dollars less than what you would pay somewhere else,what is 15 or 16 dollars to send it back.????? Cause some ppl time is more important then sending stuff back and forth. And as you so put it before every persons priority is different. So just because you like to save a buck here and there. I might be one that would rather pay upfront, even though it cost more,but know that I won't have to deal with that. Can't figure out how this can be so hard to understand ???? I agree. I can't understand why this is so hard for you to understand.
Tell it like it is guys...........Thats what this forum is for and how you can best help the new guy to get into this hobby and have some fun with the tanks.

Best of luck guys,and happy tanking.........I know I had a lot of fun with them........

I'll be more then happy to delete this if you want to step up and create this as the way you think it should be. Let me know.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 PM

China

ToyEast: Sells RC tanks
[link=http://www.toyeast.com]www.toyeast.com[/link]
Just a word of warning - these guys can't always be relied upon. On several occasions I've ordered stuff from them via eBay only to get an email 2 weeks later saying my stuff still hadn't shipped because one or more items were damaged and that I'd be getting a refund for them. Fair enough, it can happen, and they have always refunded me, but it shouldn't take them 2 weeks to let me know, and frankly it's happened so much that I've stopped buying from them.

I also find it suspicious that the emails I get about these "damaged" items are pretty much word-for-word identical, specifically:

"I am sorry to inform you that we did not ship the item yet. Our warehouse staff collects and checks every item before shipment after payment received. But the record of your order showed some parts damaged. We will ensure to send perfect item to customer, so tried to exchange with our vendor. Our vendors said no inventory can be found. So we would like to full refund to you first to prevent you waiting for too long time. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused."

If I were to guess, I'd say they buy some (if not all?) stuff they put on eBay only after they have your money, and sometimes they just can't get hold of it. Whether that's the case or not, I recommend buying elsewhere unless you're in no hurry.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Thank you Mikekey. Reviews like that are great and helpful.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You haven't got Mato on the list. Distrubutor and manufacturer.

[link=http://matomart.com/homepage.php]Matomart[/link]
Old 10-18-2009, 03:29 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

Ideas?

Got to say seeing I'm still a member here,although at present not working on a tank (but still have a couple I'll be doing this winter) I think your listing above is fine.My question is why you would post along with the Raidentec site that they are not a good place to buy a tank.???? What is that based on.???How many tanks or any other products they sell have you bought from them.I seem to recall just a short time back you were buying your first tank and asking where the best place was to buy it.?????

I have stated many times here that I'm in no way connected with ''Raidentec'' in any way shape or form.All the military items I have bought in the last two years or more are posted thru-out this forum somewhere (Tanksmany scale sizesseveral hummersa jeep and othere items-the count at one time was more than ( 43 )...).......................Now how many do you have.????

There are a lot of new guys who are going to come on this forum who don't have a bunch of money to throw away and see this ''BULL'' about what a lousy place ''Raidentech'' is to buy a tank from and this is not true for 95 percent of the guys who buy there.
I could name you most of the members here that continue to post this same crap and most of them ordered one time from them and had a problem.How many on here do you think have ordered tanks from them never having any problem of any kind and at the same time got them cheaper that then could from any other vendor and a lot of the orders with free shipping on top of the best price.

If someone orders from them and has a problem,thats a different story and he has the right to tell what happens good or bad.What I have a problem with is those who just spread gossip based on zero facts and those who are pushing the new guy to those who use this forum as a store for selling their tanks and whares and knowing full well that these places may not be all that great of buys on the tanks they sell.

Now we get down to all this after the sale fantastic good service everyone talks about.That might be a great selling point on a $40,000.00 car,but don't hold much water on a $70.00 dollar tank.What is all this good service amount to........Someone sends you a defective tank and out of the good of their heart they are going to send you the parts so ''YOU'' can fix this broken tank?That is good service ??? Tanks do slip through the cracks and sometimes a guy can get a defective one.......Its a $70.00 dollar toy built in china
so what do you expect.???? You can buy a new car for thousands of dollars and have problems.If you live in the states,that is where you are going to get your best price and in the worse case and you get a bad one it will cost you anothr 15 or 16 dollars to send it back and get it replaced.If it was shipped to you free and it cost you $50.00 dollars less than what you would pay somewhere else,what is 15 or 16 dollars to send it back.????? Can't figure out how this can be so hard to understand ????

The members of RCUniverse are telling it like it is, and this forum has a long track history of helping new guys break into this hobby.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: YHR

You haven't got Mato on the list. Distrubutor and manufacturer.

[link=http://matomart.com/homepage.php]Matomart[/link]

YHR,

I though I did. Isn't this it?

International

Matomart: Sell Heng Long Tanks
matomart.com/homepage.php

Let me know.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
YHR

So you do. IT was 2:30 in the morning, I missed it
Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I guess we could cut you a bit of a break....as long as you were up till 2:30 in the morning working on a tank!

Actually, I think it should be probably be changed. Matomart is a CANADIAN business, not an international. Gotta fight for it, it's all we got! IT is easy to miss under a heading of International.... sounds like something that would be Japan based and ships worldwide. What about multi-posting it under Canada, USA and Europe? I'd like to see a Canadian catagory at least- makes a difference to some whether buying cross border or not.

At least that's my two cents on the matter....
Old 10-18-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's another good one for parts: http://www.tank-modellbau.de/
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM

Well, I guess we could cut you a bit of a break....as long as you were up till 2:30 in the morning working on a tank!

Actually, I think it should be probably be changed. Matomart is a CANADIAN business, not an international. Gotta fight for it, it's all we got! IT is easy to miss under a heading of International.... sounds like something that would be Japan based and ships worldwide. What about multi-posting it under Canada, USA and Europe? I'd like to see a Canadian catagory at least- makes a difference to some whether buying cross border or not.

At least that's my two cents on the matter....
Actually Canada and Europe sound good, but They really are not in USA right. They distribute from Canada.

Also where in Europe? Germany?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 PM

I left them in and put a notation for them.

Keep them coming.
I commend your researching the tank purchase thoroughly. Your listings are impressive and a great resource for other new tankers. I have used Raidentech for various items with good luck. But, not for tanks as they were cheaper elsewhere. I prefer to buy from Mato toys but the shipping is high. Viva is another source out of Canada. I also used to buy in bulk from another company in Alhambra, California (the name escapes me)l. The biggest problem in the early days was that one in five Heng Longs did not work at all or had some issued requiring repair. Mato stands behind what they sell very well and if you buy in volume you can save even more. I'm in Bergen county and we are building a RC tank battlefield here. I plan on having RC tank battles using both the Tamiya TBS and Heng Long IR battle systems to cover both the high and more affordable end of the hobby. Mixed battles could even be run as they would not conflict with each other. Do you have any tanks now or are you still researching?
Bob thecommandernj
Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM

Hey Bob,

Glad to finally hear back from you. Got the HL Pershing from Phil. It's blast. Don't have a IR system yet as I was waiting for you to get back to me about what system I should get to compete in the club. Do you have Viva's site so I can add it.

Thanks for the feedback on the list. But it's really only as good as the ppl that contribute to the post so I can add. Thanks again.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good list Spike, I concur on the condemnation of Raidentech and I bought tanks from them at one time, you'll find a long and sorted thread on the topic but as Dugster stated most have had bad experiences.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 AM

Updated with Chuck's comments. Still waiting on feedback from some of the above.

ArmChairGeneral, thanks for the feedback. I will leave Raidentech on but keep my asterisk there. If ppl want to take that chance, that's up to them. I am just suppling a list.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 AM

Hey Bob,

Glad to finally hear back from you. Got the HL Pershing from Phil. It's blast. Don't have a IR system yet as I was waiting for you to get back to me about what system I should get to compete in the club. Do you have Viva's site so I can add it.

Thanks for the feedback on the list. But it's really only as good as the ppl that contribute to the post so I can add. Thanks again.

Hi Guys,
Congrat of the M26. Carefull in tall grass as the drive sprocket is a grass mafnet. The gearboxes stip easily if they are plastic so the metal are the bast bet. Good luck . it is a sharp tank. It is the only HL tank that will not break a track for me. Here is Viva RC RC Depot on Ebay with the Pzr IV... Ebay.com just search for item # 370274355624 . You can add the HL IR system from Mato to any HL tank with the newer Rx 18 board. I do not know what they charge. In NJ I plan on using both systems in joint/combined battles. But, only a HL with be able to destroy a HL and a Tamiya destroy a Tamiya. This way all levels of tanker can participate in the fun. If there is a tie the win goes to whomever has the most hits remaining. There are other IR systems in developement by various vendors but I cannot speak authoritatively about them. I test and evaluate may items that interest me personally before I speak about them. I perfer at the very least a quality video with sound of each tank in battle. We are always playing or testing something new is Danville whenever we get together.
Bob thecommandernj

**This is not my video but here is on showing the HL IR system.. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0525161&hl=en#
Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 AM

Updated.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM

Phil-rctankwars.com Steve welshdragon.com Bill rccommand.com Bob etoarmor.com The thing for me is who I'm dealing with in the USA,this is where I live and I want to patronize USA businesses,as Tankers in the UK patronize Uk vendors but their were things I wanted and at the time could only get from the UK,so the second qualification came into effect a first name bases,a person to communicate with who understands the hobby not some on-line call center link.I am not saying it's wrong or right to patronize any vendor,what I am saying is it's nice to be able to say yea PHIL gave me a great deal on my JAGDPANTHER,with metal tracks tested and ready to run out of the box,Bill gave me a great deal on RX-18 UNIT,NEW I/R UPGRADE KIT,NEW TRANSMITTER,ADVICE ON AIRSOFT RECOIL/IR WORKING TURRET on my TIGER. STEVE-Sent me new ASIATAM HULL BEFORE AVAILABLE IN THE USA,HAD AXLE PROBLEMS,SENT ME ANOTHER SET,GREAT DEAL ON3:1 TIGER VI GEARBOX,MG,METAL TRACKS,DECALS BOB SEVOBLAST SENT ME LINKS ON NEW PARTS,HIS USA SHOP,SHOWED ME WHERE TO SAVE MONEY AND WHY SPENDING A LITTLE MORE WAS A BETTER DEAL oN metal grills and offers top of the line european products in the USA.I can only speak about what products I have and which vendors I patronized,Their are three others where single purchases were enough to educate me to them not being the shop to patronize,but that information has been discussed at length and does not require my opinion.Blake 1-Saxondog
Old 11-13-2009, 09:20 PM

found one more: http://www.helipal.com/tank.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.