Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Good 1/8 truggy kit for monster truggy build? >

Good 1/8 truggy kit for monster truggy build?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Good 1/8 truggy kit for monster truggy build?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good 1/8 truggy kit for monster truggy build?

Greetings RC car enthusiasts! I am a novice rc driver, but I've decided that I want to build a 1/8th scale monster truggy (think TT MT4 G3) from a kit (I want to tinker a bit) strictly for bashing in gravel pits (I like to do big jumps, hill climbs, and quasi-crawl). Nitro and electric are both fine (I can tune nitro engines decently enough) and cost is no issue. I've done some research and most people suggest 1/8 truggies for bashing, but I need a bit more ground clearance than a regular truggy provides. My question basically is -- which truggy kit will be the most adaptable to bigger wheels and longer MT type shocks. Thanks -- I really appreciate any input!
Old 09-07-2021, 07:39 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, I can tell you that I had waited, waited, and waited for the release of the Tekno RC ET48 2.0 to build into a monster truggy... I got tired of waiting . About the same time that I was in the market for a truggy to build, Arrma released the Kraton EXB Roller . The Kraton EXB was not the route that I had hoped for, and knowing Arrma will probably never put out a full blown kit, a bare bones roller monster truggy platform was pretty enticing. The Kraton EXB was, and had pretty much everything that I had planned to do to a 1/8 truggy kit.

I always wanted to try out an Arrma RC, but I didn't want to deal with tearing out the RTR electronics and then trying to resell them to recoup some money. It was pretty much a no brainer for me, and I'm glad I went with the Arrma EXB roller.

Two words to say about Arrma taking the leap of fait and getting one step closer to a RC kit... love it!