Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Official HPI Hellfire Thread >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

yeah wmff82 broke his a arms on his hellfire also. No one has them in stock. I looked for a good hour so I couls order some back ups as well, but couldn't find anything. Gonna have to wait a month for them to be back in stock, sucks i know.

-Ryan
Old 03-07-2006, 10:38 AM

You could try here:

[link]http://www.speedtechnitro.com/ebproduct.asp?catmainid=525[/link]

Nevermind they are out of stock too.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any one got any knew videos of the hellfire , it has been a while , and the only ones so far are when they are new and un tuned , any one got some good footage of one on a track or somewhere
Old 03-07-2006, 04:44 PM

I should have some new footage this weekend if the weather is good.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:35 PM

I saw a video of it on the track. The link is http://www.rushrc.com/shop/media/HELLFIRE_med.wmv or if doesn't work, check out beatyourtruck.com. It is under Nitro Truck in My HPI Hellfire thread.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Um, hi there. I'm a Savage guy, and still basically a newb. I've been looking through this thread, and it sounds uh, more technical - or at least like you need to be fairly experienced to follow it all.. Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Hellfire. I've got a Savage X on the way to go with my Savage 25, but I might just resell it. So my question is basically, would the Hellfire be a decent basher? I mean, I just want something considerably faster than my Savage, but also considerably durable. I was also looking at an LST2 but think I'm gonna' rule that out cuz of price(€730 here in Germany). So is the Hellfire good for just taking out to the park and driving around basically like a psycho lunatic? Or is it a more delicate racing truck?...

I'm not just thinking of huge quadruple backflips over houses or whatever either - by durable I mean partly low-maintenance.. But also tough.

My choice is basically going to end up being a Savage X but with a 3-speed and K4.6 motor from the get-go, or the Hellfire..

And could somebody post some good video clip links(but preferably NOT rcpics.net. That site SUCKS.)
Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM

Honestly, no. The Suspension A-arms aren't durable enough and that's just not what it's made for. If you did bash it, you'd be replacing a rms all the time not to mention suspention braces as well.

-Ryan
Old 03-08-2006, 05:28 PM

Well that's not a plus-point in the Hellfire column then. Thanks though..

Actually, I'm really just kind of thinking out loud here, and as I do it I guess it's just starting to make overwhelmingly more sense to keep the X(should be here for the weekend!) and put all the goodies I've already got on it. If I went the Hellfire route, I'd have to sell the X and start over again. And I'd only really consider it if I heard overwhelming affirmatives to my question. Which your response is not... But hey, thanks. That's why I asked....
Old 03-08-2006, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Well that's not a plus-point in the Hellfire column then. Thanks though..

Actually, I'm really just kind of thinking out loud here, and as I do it I guess it's just starting to make overwhelmingly more sense to keep the X(should be here for the weekend!) and put all the goodies I've already got on it. If I went the Hellfire route, I'd have to sell the X and start over again. And I'd only really consider it if I heard overwhelming affirmatives to my question. Which your response is not... But hey, thanks. That's why I asked....

Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to here, but it's true. The suspension arms, seem to be the hellfires weakest link at the moment. Although boiling them for 10 minutes will give them some added stregnth. it's more for racing and can handle most impacts just not designed to bash.

I haven't tried bashing my hellfire and for the moment don't want to because suspen. arms are backordered everywhere.

-Ryan
Old 03-08-2006, 08:56 PM

I heard the arms are weak from another thread. So now I'm a bit worried to run my Hellfire with aluminum 40 series wheels. Someone from another thread said it might break because of the weight of the wheels and how weak the arms are. So should I run the Hellfire with the aluminum wheels.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:33 AM

Tough call though isn't it? Single-speed Hellfire, or 3-speed Savage with the same Motor... Which would win in a straight line?.............................

(It's clear which would win in handling, and that the other would win in bashing.)
Old 03-09-2006, 05:23 AM

Check out the just released GH hopup parts for the hellfire

[link]http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showpost.php?p=1978679&postcount=475[/link]
Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ALPartrc1

Check out the just released GH hopup parts for the hellfire

[link]http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showpost.php?p=1978679&postcount=475[/link]
Yeah saw that on http://www.truggyraces.com , but that still doesn't sovle the problem with Suspension Arms. none the less it's a great start, plus they look good

-Ryan
Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM

Once hopups are available, the Hellfire is going to be one bad machine. I have rode the heck out of mine at the track pretty much every weekend and all thats took a dump on me was the servo, that was replaced with a Hi-Tech servo though, I adore this truck. I'm looking to put a rotostart on it though, whats it gonna take? You just buy the kit?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Tough call though isn't it? Single-speed Hellfire, or 3-speed Savage with the same Motor... Which would win in a straight line?.............................

(It's clear which would win in handling, and that the other would win in bashing.)

Not quit the same moter. It's the H.O. adition. With Higher Output it can acheive higher rpms and more low end torque. Or so Hpi says. Either way I swaped mine out with a V-spec and am selling the stock motor on ebay some. Never broke in, never ran. Brank spanken new.

-Ryan
Old 03-10-2006, 01:37 AM

for sale
hellfire rolling chassey.
no motor or pipe or electronics.
350.00 takes it all.
exelant condition.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:15 AM

I was just going to ask about the HO Hellfire motor for the Savage actually - cuz I've seen a few on ebay in the States. For me though, I definitely want a low-maintenance, "set it and forget" motor.

Which the K4.6 I hear is. But is the HO version??..............

And would it drop directly into an X without a bunch of(ANY) other mods?...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:01 AM

HPI rep "WES" has stated that HPI design team is well aware of the problem with the A arms being brittle. They are working on the problem and will offer the new and improved A-arms once they have been developed and tested.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 PM

Now that everyone has worn out their Hellfires, we still got snow and I havent even fired mine up yet, I was wondering which bump box you guys would recomend and if there is any changes you have to do to the truck to use it?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:40 PM

I use the dynamite universal torque box. You have to remove the stop pegs from it but it works well. Once you find the spot mark it with a white paint marker and just line it up each time. i hear the OFNA rtr is a good one. It is large enough to fit the hellfire. It comes with the 2 motors batteries and assembled as well. Alot of guy with the LSP's use them.
No mods are needed wth the box I use. I have not heard of anyone having problems with a start box and stock fly wheel.
ORIGINAL: 4me2race

Now that everyone has worn out their Hellfires, we still got snow and I havent even fired mine up yet, I was wondering which bump box you guys would recomend and if there is any changes you have to do to the truck to use it?
Old 03-11-2006, 01:43 AM

i use the ofna starter box and i had to put a bigger fly wheel on the motor and once you find the sweet spot the starter box works great.
i have mine wired directly to the starter box motor the switch that comes with it lasted about two weeks than it died.
also i use trhe battery on my car and this works great.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Hey Dirby you dont remember the part number for the oversized flywheel do you?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:59 PM

Ill 2nd that one bro!!!
ORIGINAL: faith211

Once hopups are available, the Hellfire is going to be one bad machine. I have rode the heck out of mine at the track pretty much every weekend and all thats took a dump on me was the servo, that was replaced with a Hi-Tech servo though, I adore this truck. I'm looking to put a rotostart on it though, whats it gonna take? You just buy the kit?
Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 PM

Just got my Hfire running after pulling the starter chord out twice i bought a rotostart going to fit that tomorrow
man this is a quick truck soon as i can keep up with it I am going to get some carbon and hop up parts one of the R+D guys at HPI said that a new pipe is going to be available soon .
Royz
Old 03-12-2006, 12:25 PM

I just ordered mine yesterday from Tower Hobbies. It should be here Tuesday. I'll charge up the battery pack, and see what she'll do Wednsday!

Oh yeah, I ordered the 16T pinion gear for it. I'm not even going to mess around with the stock gear. This thread reminded me, I need to get a roto-start back plate for it too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.