Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

JAMMIN XICRT RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAMMIN XICRT RTR

I FEEL SAFER BUYING THE JAMMIN TRUGGY RATHER THAN THE REVO 3.3. NOW THE RTR OF THE JAMMIN. WHAT THINGS SHOULD I CHANGE RIGHT AWAY SO IT RUNS LIKE THE KIT?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JAMMIN XICRT RTR

The price will be stupid high, just buy the kit.
Theres the:
Braces
Chassis
Towers
Diff plates
Servo trays
CVD's (I think)
And more...
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: mosavage

I FEEL SAFER BUYING THE JAMMIN TRUGGY RATHER THAN THE REVO 3.3. NOW THE RTR OF THE JAMMIN. WHAT THINGS SHOULD I CHANGE RIGHT AWAY SO IT RUNS LIKE THE KIT?
You can get one on amainhobbies.com for $519 and the alloy chassis braces are all you need to start out. The stock steering servo is an airtronics and it works quite well. If you get a stronger one use the steering servo for the throttle. The stock engine is very powerful and if you run on a big track it will be even better with a pipe tuned for high end. The shocks and suspension are second to none. It would be wise to pull the diffs after you break in the engine and clean them well before adding the diff fluid of your choice. I like 5k front 20k center and 2k in the rear but you will have to decide that by your driving style and track. A radio upgrade will give you better steering throw and better throttle and brake control. If you go with the kit and decide to get an after market chassis ore braces or other parts, you will have waisted your money. I run the BCE chassis and front brace and it is a big improvement. For some reason, just about every truggy, RTR or pro, can use a chassis upgrade and BCE are parts are the best I have seen but that is something you will not need to get started.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 PM

Ya definately the chassis brace is the only thing that I have heard of braking.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: mosavage

You can get one on amainhobbies.com for $519 and the alloy chassis braces are all you need to start out. The stock steering servo is an airtronics and it works quite well. If you get a stronger one use the steering servo for the throttle. The stock engine is very powerful and if you run on a big track it will be even better with a pipe tuned for high end. The shocks and suspension are second to none. It would be wise to pull the diffs after you break in the engine and clean them well before adding the diff fluid of your choice. I like 5k front 20k center and 2k in the rear but you will have to decide that by your driving style and track. A radio upgrade will give you better steering throw and better throttle and brake control. If you go with the kit and decide to get an after market chassis ore braces or other parts, you will have waisted your money. I run the BCE chassis and front brace and it is a big improvement. For some reason, just about every truggy, RTR or pro, can use a chassis upgrade and BCE are parts are the best I have seen but that is something you will not need to get started.
thats wat ive been thinkin of too crazysavage might get one of them
how much do the bce chassis run? are they aluminum,carbon fibre or wat? are they at hobbytown or online?
i know u said they arent needed to start but just for future info
and how much does hobby town want for the rtr crt?? im prolly planning on getting it and a highend pipe too and add a spektrum for that awsome m11 [8D]
ill see ya this season cant wait!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM

I found that its one of the cheaper Truggies compared to the hellfire or ST-1 MY question is what truggy would be faster stock out of the box ?? Jammin X1 CRT / Hellfire ot Hot bodies

I am leaning towards jammin x-1 crt as LHS cares all parts and they are saying its quicker then the hellfire and the hellfire costs $150 more then the jammin x-1
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Sledder

I found that its one of the cheaper Truggies compared to the hellfire or ST-1 MY question is what truggy would be faster stock out of the box ?? Jammin X1 CRT / Hellfire ot Hot bodies

I am leaning towards jammin x-1 crt as LHS cares all parts and they are saying its quicker then the hellfire and the hellfire costs $150 more then the jammin x-1
The Jammin has a little more pickup than the hellfire but you are getting too wraped up in speed and quickness, this can be adjusted with the change of a clutch bell. The only reason you should be concerned about the speed is if you are going to race in drag races against other truggies. Handling, durability, tunability, and parts availability are much more important than overall speed.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:37 PM

I would like to add a comment about the RTR jammin and the" towers" whats the diff between the kits shocks towers and the rtrs. I thought mine were plastic in the rtr so i ordered new aluminum ones as well as that steering plate. get the front plate changed and threw it on the dresser only to hear CLINK WFT a metal tower...... get the knife and scrape the towers and the chassis are all aluminum on the crt as well as that upper steering plate .. RTR..ill keep these parts for backup. got a BCE chassis on the way to ..i would have rather spent the money on new servos or radio gear..MY point is that new guys getting the CRT RTR dont need to get the updraded towers they are already on it ...
Old 03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
My Feedback: (3)

i believe the RTR ones are NOT hard anodized ones.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:40 PM

Oh ok because they sure look strong enough.The replacement tower I bought are anodized so i will put those in . Long as there is a benefit to it . I did add my new Z brace today . im sure that will do some good.I would like to say i have had very fast service with dace, carolinas rc, kingheadz ,and BCE . I would easily recommend them .Good service makes the hobby a joy.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:47 PM

Last night I installed all the good parts on my CRT .Now that the weather has turned warmer,ill have all day tomorrow to break in my first new truggy. I hope everyhting goes well . I have heard good things about the stock engine so it should fire right up and run well.Ill run it easy at first getting the engine right to operating temp.letting it cool down a few time in between tanks.I HAVE LEANERED ALOT BY READING many of your posts and want to thank your guys for help you have given me.Im sure getting the jammin was a great choice