Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 HELP: engine run-in tune for matrix tr arena? >

HELP: engine run-in tune for matrix tr arena?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HELP: engine run-in tune for matrix tr arena?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: engine run-in tune for matrix tr arena?

hi guys,

i have made it thru about 1/2 a tank of tank as i am running in my new car...matrix truggy!
it has the standard engine in it.

now for the life of me i cannot start the car - these are the checks i have made:
- i took out the glow plug & it does work
- turned the car upside down without the glow plug & it is not flooded

i then checked the fuel mixtures which was not as per what the book states so i adjusted it accordingly...still cannot start the thing ARRRGH!!! [:@]

manual shows the following:
top end - 2 3/4 turns out (easy enough, i screwed the top end all the way in 'clockwise' then come out 2 3/4 turns)
bottom end - 1 1/2 turns in from flush (THIS IS WHERE I AM LOST: what does this mean??? how do i know what is flush??? do i screw the bottom end all the way in then come out 1 1/2 turns, that seems way too lean from where it was originally???)

the bottom end tune has got me, i don't want to run it lean hence why im asking for advise here.

thanks,
Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 AM

Default RE: HELP: engine run-in tune for matrix tr arena?

Flush means when the screw head is level with the surrounding caseing, you should be able to rub your finger over it and it will feel even. once it is flushed adjust it from there. if your new to nitro DONT change the bottom end from its setting on the manual, only change it when you know what your doing well. it took me a long time before i had enough experience to change my bottom end.

with the top end are you shure you are supposed to screw the screw right in, because to me that sounds wrong (i may be wrong though) my cars engine is flush with 1/2 a turn in (clockwise) but my engine is different to yours.

if you are still having trouble take it to your local hobby shop they will fix everything for you.
hope this helps
Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 AM

all sorted - i just finished running it in & i used 1liter of fuel (7 tanks)
my next trip is to the hobby shop where i bought it & they will do the final tune for me.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:01 AM

good to see you have fixed it......... also for the top was it all the way in then out???