Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

killing motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killing motor?

I know ther are a few ways of killing a nitro motor, but could you stop the fly wheel to turn it of?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: killing motor?

It's safe - shouldn't do any damage. I would stop it with the tip of your shoe, though. Don't put your fingers to it.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Ill try it next time i get it running. I broke the batterry connector that plugs into the reciver.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 PM

I use my dynomite screw driver handle (plastic) to stop the flywheel then spinn it to bdc. I also carry the screw driver when marshalling just incase a buggy or truggy runs away. Plastic end screwdrivers work, dont use aluminum or other types of metal screwdrivers, that will tear up a flywheel over time.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could but ive found it so much easy to just cover the exuast power i use the plastic end of my tuneing screwdriver and cover up the stinger works fine ive bein doin it for over 5 years
Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

You could but ive found it so much easy to just cover the exuast power i use the plastic end of my tuneing screwdriver and cover up the stinger works fine ive bein doin it for over 5 years
Doing this, In my opinion, Is the best way to stop a Nitro Engine. It takes about three seconds to do and works great. And if you are just turning it off to make an adjustment, it primes the engine, which will make it easier to start.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 AM

Thats not true you can use your finger as long as its at idle dont try if its at WOT (although i might be wrong because i can use my finger on a .12 engine but i dont know about larger size engines)
ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

It's safe - shouldn't do any damage. I would stop it with the tip of your shoe, though. Don't put your fingers to it.