Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RC8T FT kit or RTR??!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8T FT kit or RTR??!!

Hi guys, I have a Hyper 7 at the moment, with some good servos, a DX3r radio and a nice OS V-spec, pretty good setup. Im looking at getting a truggy after summer and am particularly interested in the RC8T.
Now the big question, the Factory Team kit or the RTR version? If I get the FT I would have to be changing the engine and electronics from the hyper over to the truggy and viceversa to use either of the trucks because I dont have the cash to get a whole new setup for it, OR I could just go with the RTR version and whenever I want to get some more power put the V-spec in the RC8T.... is this my best option?
How does the RTR compare to the FT?
I go to an OK track, its not great and Im not racing but love the look of this truggy... maybe I should get a savage instead? There is a possibility that after getting this truggy I sign up at the local club and they have an awesome track but I just dont have that much time to spend at it and I dont want to be paying monthly membership fees to not use it!!

Thanks guys!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC8T FT kit or RTR??!!

I love my FT RC8T. But I think the RTR will be just fine. The primary diffrence is that the FT is a little more nimble on the track because of how much stiffer the chassis is with all the aluminum FT parts. For bashing tho, I don't think you could tell the diffrence.