Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFNA Hyper 7 TQ black

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Hyper 7 TQ black

Hey everyone, i have been racing electric Short course for a year, and flying planes for a little over ten years. But i was wondering if for a kid like me as a sophomore in high school with not a whole lot of money to spend, the OFNA Hyper 7 TQ Black Edition would be a good RTR Buggy that would be competitive at the local track with all of the Associatied RC8's and stuff similar?
Thanks for the help!, Wes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Default RE: OFNA Hyper 7 TQ black

if in high school i highly recommend staying with the electric anything. so much easier to do and alot less expensive once you do the initial buy. remember a gallon of fuel cost 30 bucks. i would just buy a slash or any of the short course and run it. they are the easiest and cheapest thing out there. but if he has to do nitro then dont get a hyper 7 get an ofna picco. the picco is 100 times better for racing, the hyper 7 is more of a basher. the picco comes with one of the best shocks out there which helps a ton and it has a great engine and everything also its very durable. they are the same price as the hyper 7 also.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:11 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: OFNA Hyper 7 TQ black

the hyper7 tq is a great lil buggy .. tough as nails, but its not competetive with the rc8b,8ight's,mugen given that equal drivers on both, but its prolly gonna be fast enough to start out in 1/8 scale though .. my son has raced his for 2 seasons and does okay with it.