Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
 Where to find warship plans? >

Where to find warship plans?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Where to find warship plans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 AM

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Where to find warship plans?

As Wreno said in his last post, JM does have a point. Not to make excuses for him, but many of the questions asked in the forums(not just this one, but all the different forums on this website) range from "are you serious" to "what the hell are you talking about?" to those of us that have been in the hobby for a while. While JM does admittedly lack tact in his posts, I also get frustrated by those that are new to the hobby that think they know more than I do about my chosen area of boating (which in my case is almost 30 years in sport and scale hydroplanes) and try to reinvent the sport. On more than one occassion, I've had to "bite my tongue" before getting in serious trouble with the moderators for letting my frustration get out of hand in my posts. Wreno refered to questions or plans to fit ships, PTs and submarines with "working torpedoes". I've seen one or two a year come through here and, every time, the one asking the question or stating their plans react in a "so you haven't done it, why can't I?" manner that quite literally gets their thread or post ignored after that due to the unwillingness to listen to the "whys" of not installing the working torpedoes. I've had what can only be called "a running battle" with someone over what will and won't work in hydros for the last 4+ years. This person has more than once asked a question and, not getting the answer they want, will make the statement in one form or another of "I'll make it work and show you all you're wrong" even though we with experience will tell this person what will happen and inevitably be proven right in the end. With all that said, don't let one person's lack of tact chase you away from battling ships if you're interested. Who knows, JM might be the one person that can answer a question for you in the future
Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to find warship plans?

Teddy Yeh, I could tell you. It's about frustration... but it's been two years since the comments and even if it's not obvious, JM has apparently helped a lot of guys get established.

The important thing is that there are lots of folks who are happy to answer most questions or discussions in a friendly way. There was on old site before RC Universe it was hosted by what was the best RC airplane magazine in those days and it died because people took up too much space fanning flames. We don't want go that way again.

Try and focus on the folks you can get along with and/or get valuable info from. AND Welcome Aboard!