Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV fuel - no nitro..??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 04:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RCV fuel - no nitro..??

Howdy, I will test run my new RCV60 anyday now and will use an on-board glow set-up adjusted to light the plug below about 1/4 throttle. Do I need to use a fuel with nitro content with this set-up...??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71411.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	126220  
Old 04-26-2004, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV fuel - no nitro..??

Hi
Our engines have been designed to run at their optimum with 10% nitro content. You could probably get away with using 5% nitro with this setup, however you will not be able to get the best out of the engine without any nitro.
With regard to running in the engine, we recommend running the engine in for an hour before flying.

I hope this helps, however if you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards
Laurenne
Old 05-13-2004, 04:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Many thanks Laurenne, I did as you advised and the engine has now about 30 min run time on 12%ML70+5%castor+10%nitro fuel with APC 16x12 prop and OS F plug. Indeed, I did experience what Otto Kurdma has indicated that the engine did not go any faster from about 3/4 to full throttle opening and furthermore fuel draw appeared to be marginal. Well, I had an MVVS carb lying around with a 7mm venturi(original carb is 7.5mm) so I mounted it and BINGO...throttling became very crisp and I now achieved a steady 1600rpm idle and have still seen 5400rpm in very short bursts -yes it is a bit early but I just wanted to make sure the full speed needle setting was correct and on the rich side. So it appears my engine performs as expected and I´m very pleased with the rather soft exhaust note.... Sure thing, it does "rattle" quite a bit but I understand that is to be expected.Any viewpoints on carb venturi size..?
Hope to fly this weekend if weather permits......Cheers/Harald
Old 05-18-2004, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Harald

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have forwarded your information about carb venturi size onto our design team. This is certainly of interest to us.

Best regards
Laurenne