Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

Low fuel pressure problem on 91CD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low fuel pressure problem on 91CD

I have a 91CD mounted on my great planes slowpoke using conventional exhaust pressure to the fuel tank. Due to the design of this plane my fuel tank centre line is nearly 2" (50mm) below the centre line of the carburettor. The motor works fine most of the time, but if I let the plane float around at low throttle settings then I soon get an engine-cut due to an air bubble or vaccuum forming in the fuel line.
I have looked at the perry VP-20 pump, but its designed to sit on the backplate of a conventional engine and its not easy to mount on an RCV due to the carburettor locaton. Could I use a perry VP-30 2-stroke pump using a tee off of the engine vent pipe ? Or do you have any other recommendations ?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 AM

Default RE: Low fuel pressure problem on 91CD

If you wait until Monday 19th, I will speak to one of our main modelling guys who I am sure will have some good advice for you. Sorry for the delay in responding

Best regards
Laurenne
Old 03-19-2007, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Low fuel pressure problem on 91CD

Hi again,

Your fuel tank is far too low hence this problem. When the engine is at low speed, the pressure drops even further so the fuel cannot get to the engine.
We would recommend you try the VP-30 as this could certainly solve your problems

Please let us know how you get on
Best regards
Laurenne