Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
 Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0? >

Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

<span style="font-size: small; ">I am wondering which would be better to get as it will be my first Nitro. I am having a hard time choosing because they all interest me. I know that the <span style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">Vortex SS</span><span style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "> with the smaller wheels will accelerate faster and handle turns and on road better. As for the Earthquake 3.5 is 1:8 scale as for the Caldera 3.0 is 1:10 scale and</span><span style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">with the bigger wheels will handle bigger terrain and take jumps better. I would like it to be fast, possibly reach over 40+ MPH when using it on the road/street but also would like it to go through dirt and grass on my backyard. However, since I will be getting this off (e**y), the Caldera 3.0 with SH .18 engine comes with the starter kit which cost $4 less than the Earthquake 3.5 which doesn't come with the starter kit but has a bigger engine SH .21. As for the Vortex SS, it's already fast considering that its smaller and lightweight. Please help, whoever has had any experience with these. Please don't recommend others, as this will be my very first NItro. Thanks!</span></span>
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

DUDE, the Vortex is AMAZING! I love it. The caldera's great too. Suprsingly the Vortex can outrun the Caldera in a drag race. My dad has the Caldera I have a Vortex and a Tornado S30. Out of all of which I just named the Tornado(buggy) seem to be faster than them all. Oh and for you FIRST nitro I'd get the Volcano S30. 1 speed trans won't be "AS" hectic as the 2 speeds. Trust me, that one speed trans, will still haul some a**! LMAO!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Redcat Vortex SS, Earthquake 3.5 or Caldera 3.0?

Plus the Volcano with the 8 shocks seems like it can handle some serious jumps.