Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Material equivelents for UK SPadders >

Material equivelents for UK SPadders

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Material equivelents for UK SPadders

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Material equivelents for UK SPadders

Hi,

I check the forums every day and find references to products that are US products names. In the UK I can not find equivalents to some of them for example

Goop? what is it?
Poster Board for Chris's small wing? is it cardboard
Welder?

BTW I have just finished my third SPAD the LC40 will post pics tomorrow when hopefully it has flown. the engine is a bit iffy starts easy then stops after a few seconds. Might try my Deb yet to fly also. Built a FNS with an Irvine 25 on it and it was fast but went in Radio problem not me flying as I am just leaning one of the club flyer's took it up, they could not believe that I was happy after it died full power straight in, but where else could a newbie build a plane in a few hours that flew so well before the radio packed up. It just broke the fuse a bit and one servo a balsa would be match wood the way it went in.

This forum and you guys are great so helpful and supportive plus expert help and designs.

Thanks for getting me hooked on spad, the wife is not so happy with me playing with my planes but hey we are men and have to play.

Gary
Old 01-18-2003, 11:45 PM

Go to http://spadworld.net/ and look for a guy from the UK named Splash1, he's a Spad builder there and also the Moderator of the Sticker Jail He should be able to let you know what the UK equivilant to these thing are!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:48 PM

Also check out the ARF and kit page here
http://www.spadtothebone.com/misc/ARF.html
There are 4 small Spad companies from the UK listed there! These are all great guys, and would probably be more than willing to help you out with Spad materials and supplies in the UK, what they are and where they get them!!!