Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Miss vintage

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miss vintage

Hello. I have a new question about Miss Vintage´s construction. In the magazine´s article, the designer marks that the stabilizer must have 1 1/2 degrees of positive inclination and in the plane says that it carries only 1/2 degree. I would be grateful if anyone who built this aircraft could tell me what the correct inclination is. My personal experience tells me that half a degree is very little. What do you think ? . Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2021, 02:31 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I built mine from a Michigan Hobby Hangar kit, which I think is the same as the RCM plans version. The plan says 1/2 degree, and I built it that way. Trimmed for level flight it needs a couple of clicks of down elevator, so a touch more of positive incidence wouldn't have hurt. If you make it one degree you'll be very close to both the plan and the article.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. I finished the fuselage and put only 1.2 degrees at the base of stabs. A new question. What material did you use to cover the 3/16 square spruce on the fuselage? Paint, resin or other fuelproof material ? I think I'll use epoxy resin. What do you think of this? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:42 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I used clear butyrate dope, but I don't remember for sure. It may have been polyurethane. I've never used epoxy resin myself, but I know a lot of people do and it should work fine.