Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
 Seaplane for a begginer >

Seaplane for a begginer

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seaplane for a begginer

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seaplane for a begginer

Which seaplane with .40 - .55 engine is indicated for a begginer?
What about the SeaMaster 40?

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:30 PM

Default RE: Seaplane for a begginer

I have the seamaster 40 and I guess it depends on how much of a beginner you are. It can jump up and bite you if you over control the ailerons. It is really quite aerobatic. I would not call it a beginners plane. Might want to try something like a LT-40 on floats or the Tower Hobby 40 on floats. Again it all depends on what you are flying now as to what kind of float plane to get.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How "beginner" are you?
The Seamaster40, which seems to have been discontinued anyway, is about a third-plane. SeaMonster or Neptune are believed to still be available. Very similar planes.

Probably the greatest waterplane available is a Sig Kadet Senior on floats.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM

My LT-40 with a Magnum 46, and Planefun floats is a real winner. If you don't want to build, go with the Lt-40 ARF. The ARF comes with white covering, so you can dress it up any way you want. It'll be snow time here soon so the floats stay on. Enjoy!!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:47 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Yes a 'Neptune' ARF is a copy of the seamaster , google seach for that
Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM
My Feedback: (26)

I agree with those that have said to go with a plane with floats (not a flying boat like the Seamaster) if you are just starting out. You probably already have a trainer. Just put floats on that and have a blast. Read the sticky at the top here in the Seaplanes forum and you will get great info. I am assuming you are pretty far along with a land plane, if not then you would do well to work some more on land before trying H2O. If you can go out and do multiple touch-N-go's on land then you are definitely ready for the water. Have a retrieval boat and a reliable engine and it will all fall together. Water flying is a blast, you will really enjoy it. One of my best memories is flying my Kadet MKII on a perfect night - mostly doing splash-N-go's. I looked over my shoulder and the pontoon boats were lining up and watching me from a safe distance. When I was done flying I had 6 boats lined up and they all applauded when I finally brought my plane in my boat. Enjoy!!