Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Power Expander - Dual Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 04:34 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Expander - Dual Receivers

I currently have a 40% Carden CAP with the typical dual receiver setup using 2 x Duralite 4000mah li-ions, each with Duralite regulators and seperate switches. I also have a seperate battery for the ignition. What benefit would the Power Expander give me? Would I need 2? Would adding the Power Expanders just add another point of failure? ( That's more like an opinion!)

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Expander - Dual Receivers

Hi,
I will bet your Duralite regulators have a single connector to the receiver. This means that you are good for about 3A to each receiver before you start seeing significant voltage drop under high loads. I am not sure of your servo setup but you can draw 3 amps just sitting on the ground idling (each receiver). With the PowerExpander you can beef up your power system with heavy duty wiring from your battery to the PowerExpander. Of course if you do not do this you will not see any benefit. You could go to a single receiver or stay with two receivers. Either way, assuming you actually beef up the power delivery path, you would see more power from your servos. Let me know if you would like me to go further into any of this. Thanks,