Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
 traxxas blast. Newbie >

traxxas blast. Newbie

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

traxxas blast. Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas blast. Newbie

Hi i have this boat http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXJD87**&P=ML . Today it wiped the dust off of it and put this motor I had laying around in it. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGYS0&P=7 . it overheats but I can deal with that, I just let it cool and plan on getting a cooling line soon, well anyways.

I have troble getting up to speed with it, if I give it the juce it barley moves and reves up. but if I ease into it, it get going then FLIES. I think what it is doing is called cavitation? well any way I have the propeller set all the way doun in the watter and it still does this. What is a easy way to make it stop doing this. A bigger prop or add weight somweres, or do I just got the wrong motor for the job in there.?
THanks!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:12 PM

Default RE: traxxas blast. Newbie

jeeze all you guys sleeping already, I got 10:00 where I am.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:13 PM

you need a bigger better prop the plastic one aint cuttin it get a y535 prop that is sharpened and balanced from www.offshoreelectrics.com and also buy the shock shaft and a water cooling coil it will come with a water picup and exit check it out
Old 04-13-2005, 06:40 AM

Be carefull with putting big props on a car motor, these motors need to be able to make their revs, not be held back by too large a prop, or they'll overheat and burn up.

Using a smaller prop isn't the answer, the boat will get slower, cooling the can & brushholders helps a lot, but the best thing is to gear down the motor with either gears (NOISY!) or a belt drive (smooth), allowing you to run bigger props and get the motor running in the maximum efficiency range.

I've done this several times and know by now that high revving car motors in direct drive won't work (in this size boats).

Regards, Jan.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 AM

i have the blast. the rtr version comes with a 20 turn stinger. mine gets up on plane in leik 2 sec.