Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Thoughts on these used boats? >

Thoughts on these used boats?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Thoughts on these used boats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on these used boats?

I am looking to get back into the hobby (had a Dumas Deep V/Zenoah 20 years ago and Miss Geico recently), and leaning toward a gas boat due to the large size of our lake, run times, and ease of operation.

I saw these boats on the for sale section, and was wondering the thoughts of the experienced guys. I am looking for 50 mph ++, and would purchase anything from a deep V to an outrigger. Trying to stay in the $400-600 range for a used boat. There are several locally, but they appear to be stock.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1040111

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1040113
Old 08-26-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by KeysNole
I am looking to get back into the hobby (had a Dumas Deep V/Zenoah 20 years ago and Miss Geico recently), and leaning toward a gas boat due to the large size of our lake, run times, and ease of operation.

I saw these boats on the for sale section, and was wondering the thoughts of the experienced guys. I am looking for 50 mph ++, and would purchase anything from a deep V to an outrigger. Trying to stay in the $400-600 range for a used boat. There are several locally, but they appear to be stock.

www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=1040111

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1040113
The Lazer is a heat racing boat, designed to handle high speeds and from what I understand, prefers rough water. The Aeromarine hull was designed for a .45 nitro but looks like they have some kind of small displacement gas engine in there. Of the 2 I think the Lazer is the better boat and will easily handle the speeds you are looking to achieve. Would have been nice if the seller included some inside the hull pics and I would recommend asking the seller to provide those.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:54 PM

I own laser, although they do prefer rougher water, they still haul on smoother water, and that price is pretty good on the laser.

Out of the two, the laser is a stronger, better designed hull. That's the one I would pick. There is also a lot of set up info on them available.