Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
What propsize for a 53" Cat >

What propsize for a 53" Cat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

What propsize for a 53" Cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What propsize for a 53" Cat

I am assembling a 53"CRC Victory Cat and I would like to know what a good prop size would be for it. It will be a sport boat with a 30cc Zenoah and a Zipp V3 quiet pipe. Thanks in advance, Mike
Old 01-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Let me know more about your motor and i may be able to help. I had a 51" CRC Victory cat (not 53") with a full mod Zen 29.5 with QD hot pipe that knocked on 70mph,but took a lot of work to get there. It ran low 60's with a heat race oval setup. A picture of it is on CRC website in their photo gallery. Its the white w/ multicolor Lip Service #42/S18.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:05 PM
My Feedback: (2)

It 's just a stock 30. It will just be a play boat for the guy I'm putting it together for. He has no interest in racing. Just wants a cool boat to run around the pond.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:16 AM

To be honest i have never ran a stock motor my entire 20+ years of running gas boats so my knowledge of what sort of power they produce is very low. If it was a modified motor than i would have been able to help you. Send Chris(dasboata) an email at [email protected] and he can better help what prop that stock motor will turn.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM

my victory doesnt seem to like anything but a 6717 3 blade. but i have an rcmk 254 evo, not a 30cc so idk what it will like with the added torque. it seems to be a picky hull when it comes to props