Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Receiver battery >

Receiver battery

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Receiver battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver battery

My used Rio can with a 6.6 volt, 1700 mah receiver battery. It seems to be dead. It's a life battery. I can't find a direct replacement. I did see an 1100 mah one on eBay with the same connectors. Would this work? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:14 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gave no info on the dimensions of the pack or the type of connector so it's impossible to tell if it will work as a replacement or to help you locate one. If 1100mah pack has the same dimensions and the plug is the same then it will work but the boat will not run for as long as it did with the 1700mah pack.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:33 PM

Sorry I'm not home to look at the battery now. It's the same connector and similar size so it will fit. It's a gas boat. This would just be for the servos. My concern is whether or not it the 1100mah is enough to run 2 servos for a couple runs before recharging.

Last edited by jc03; 05-31-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:33 PM
My Feedback: (5)

This one is close to the dimensions of a typical NiMh"hump" type receiver pack plus it has a larger mah rating.
TowerHobbies.com | LRP VTEC LiFePo 1S 6.6V 2000mAh 2/3A Receiver Hump
Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
This one is close to the dimensions of a typical NiMh"hump" type receiver pack plus it has a larger mah rating.
TowerHobbies.com LRP VTEC LiFePo 1S 6.6V 2000mAh 2/3A Receiver Hump

Perfect. Thanks. I actually just found nearly the identical one on Amazon. Same rating.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:44 PM

Default Flyskygt3b reciever issue

I am having trouble. With my controls cutting out when my 33cc home lite gas engine is running. Everything checks outs fine pre-start. But once motor is running I loose all servo control. They both work fine before running. I upgraded from standard 4.8 volt battery system to a Life 2 cell 3000 mah 6.6 volt system And I bought new reciever from fly sky to handle the voltage increase. The only thing I changed was to solder an antenna extension onto the original reciever antenna wire. Once I loose control I shut down and everything works again,until I start the motor. I also move my motor push button kill switch into my radio box. Could this be causing interference with transmitter/ reciever signal? I would greatly appreciate any help
Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Michael.foster42
I am having trouble. With my controls cutting out when my 33cc home lite gas engine is running. Everything checks outs fine pre-start. But once motor is running I loose all servo control. They both work fine before running. I upgraded from standard 4.8 volt battery system to a Life 2 cell 3000 mah 6.6 volt system And I bought new reciever from fly sky to handle the voltage increase. The only thing I changed was to solder an antenna extension onto the original reciever antenna wire. Once I loose control I shut down and everything works again,until I start the motor. I also move my motor push button kill switch into my radio box. Could this be causing interference with transmitter/ reciever signal? I would greatly appreciate any help

Might be the extension you did or ---- Does the engine have a sparkplug that is R type ? Resistor plug - What sparkplug you using ?
Old 06-14-2017, 01:46 AM

disconnect the kill switch and see how things go., also check all plugs going to receiver and battery pack as the vibration from the engine could be causing a contact to be unstable.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM

If it is spread spectrum coax antenna. ??
You can't solder an extension on a coax cable and not loose the shielding at the splice. The antenna is only the very end that has the outer shield stripped back. If you stripped it back somewhere else then you have really messed up the tune of the antenna. And the kill switch in the radio box is bringing ignition noise in close proximity to the receiver which isn't good.

Have you done a range check with the engine off ?

You shouldn't need a antenna extension. Just put the receiver under the lid and go directly in a antenna tube and the whole length of the antenna will be straight up.

Last edited by danielplace; 06-14-2017 at 08:57 AM.