Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 deep v 57"zen . prop walk?? >

deep v 57"zen . prop walk??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

deep v 57"zen . prop walk??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deep v 57"zen . prop walk??

hi i have recently upgraded my rear strut and it has moved the prop about two inch away from the rear of the boat .when iam on full throttle the boat seems to kinda powerslide violently just off full throttle i have no problems any ideas i never used to have this problem .The rudder is where it was before i changed the strut and the prop seems to sit level beside with the rudder insted of behind the prop as before .Could this be the problem ??.Any info woud be appreciated ..before i drill more holes!!
its a express craft osprey 57"
octura rudder and strut combo re drilled to suit p.i.p strut
zen 26
ads speedo max speed so far 38mph with a funny but dangerous wobble have to back off the power..
i will post some pics later .
also ive been told by a few people here to also take off the trim tabs any ideas ?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:36 PM

Default RE: deep v 57"zen . prop walk??

From what I have read, alot of people will tell you that a prop that works well when your drive was closer to the transom might not be the right prop once you move it farther back. The characteristics change alot as you move off the transom, so you might need to swap out the prop for a diffrent one or mod that one
Old 09-08-2005, 05:26 AM

Default RE: deep v 57"zen . prop walk??

I think i have found the problem !!!! after i got home yesterday from the lake after a couple of wobble runs on full gas it nearly fliped over .i decided that was it for the day as its going to filp over soon and didnt fancey the swim and retreive method .Once the boat was out of the water and on stand .my friend asked me how much weight the large servo could push i told him to hold the rudder and see to my amazement the radio box lifted up as i had not secured it properly since my rebuild .oops.. !!lol that could have been a expensive mistake !! with the radio system off if u push the rudder right the servo doesnt move but the rudder does when the radio box lifts up .iam off to the lake in an hour so i will post my results ..thank you..wayne

result > bit better but it still wobbles !!!!!!!! .would it wobble if to much of the hull is lifted out of the water?? iam going to ajust my strut a bit hopefully this might help point the nose down as i have also took off my trim tabs to c how much of a diffrence this makes .has anyone tried this ??