Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 Gas Boat - Which do you recomend >

Gas Boat - Which do you recomend

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas Boat - Which do you recomend

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Boat - Which do you recomend

Hi there,

My name is Jamie, I live in Sweden, have been racing RC Boats for 3 years now. But now I m
interested in a new boat. But I no nothing about them or which one to buy. I would be very
grateful if you guys could give some name and links of boats thar you recommend that I
should buy.

Thanks alot (in advance)

Jamie
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

Default RE: Gas Boat - Which do you recomend

it would help to know what you are into.. what kind of water conditions you normally have, etc. Just a fun boat or a racer (or both)

i really like my Insane mono (www.insaneboats.com), others seem to like the AC Lazer and Razor mono's as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the fast reply, ok, here the deal we have very rough water here in sweden, so, a boat that can
be driven in rough water and hard to flip. Now it is mostly for fun, but soon I will be racing with it. And also need to
say is it possible to buy boats that cost 400 - 500 dollars???

Thanks
Jamie
Old 12-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

im not really sure what the currency exchange is for over there, but when i decided to go the gas route, i found it very hard to try staying within a $400-500 budget. More like it needs to be a $800-1500 budget for anything 'good' that will last you (even used), especially if you want something thats gonna be competitive once you decide to start racing.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:17 PM

James, look at the Swedish sites and ask on the Swedish forum. Which class do you wish to run, Zenoah or O-50?
Here's 2 sites for you [link=http://www.miniracingteknik.se/]Mini Racing[/link] and [link=http://www.gasolineracing.se/shop/]Gasoline Racing[/link]
The Faluga 155 hull has won gold the last 3 years plus good results at the Naviga worlds this year with a CMB35cc motor. There is also the Delta force for the standard class. The Lynx cats from Gasoline have also had good results.
At the really expensive end is the Nodd 180 from Norway [link=http://www.fokusracing.no/index.html]Fokus Racing[/link]
You might also like to take a look at the [link=http://www.smbc.se/]Stockholm Club site[/link]
Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 AM

Tack Ian,

Men finns det någon RTR båtar till salu eller måste man bygga allt själv?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: James Aqua

Tack Ian,

Men finns det någon RTR båtar till salu eller måste man bygga allt själv?
Translation: "Are there any RTR boats for sale or do you have to build everything yourself"

Check the sites, MRT have 3 boats rtr from 9995-14790SEK, Falcon, Flying Dragon and Laker whilst Gasoline have 2 from 12698- 15385, Laker and Delta Force. Both Janne (MRT) and Björn (Gasoline) are successful boaters and approachable, give them a call and chat with them. They may well have some second hand boats for sale.
Also check the [link=http://www.smbf.info/forum/index.php]Swedish forum[/link] and ask, there will probably be some good second hand boats coming up as people build new for next year.
My nearest good hobbyshop (Skåne Hobby) did have a brand new Aeromarine cat for sale, everything you need, new, except radio for 9000sek (open to offers) some holes drilled but nothing mounted. You might like to call them and see if it is still available. You would need a silencer for our conditions as the US pipe included is too loud.