Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Build Times

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build Times

Just a quick question for all the boat builders.

As you may be aware, or not, I have ordered a MHZ Cat hull which I have posted on this Forum. It is being built by Bonzi.

Now, I know some of you will say " How long is a piece of string", but I was just wondering how long on average it should take to get your boat from date of order.

The boat being built for me is costing plenty of $$$ and I am led to believe that it is going/was going to take a lot of fabrication.

I also understand that when a company such as Bonzi build a boat for you they do not just drop everything for your order.

So, taking all this into account is it correct that a boat hull that has been with Bonzi since 20th September is not built and delivered with me yet?

If so, how much longer would you expect to be waiting before taking delivery?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Build Times

Hey , I know Bonzi is very backed up on boats to build right now . If you are getting a paint job on it that takes a while too . I just spoke to Dan at Bonzi today and they are swamped with orders . It took me over 2 months to get my 64' fountain with an inline and a mHZ outdrive and custom paint . It turned out great !! Flawless job from Bonzi . I would say you should get your boat soon . Give them a call and check on the status of it . What all are they installing in it??
Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM

Wow...Im frim Indiana, and have been to their place several times before moving here...best friend was really into boats.

Right now your looking at about 4 weeks, id give it another 2 before calling, I no when you order a twin-inline from them it takes about 17 days before it ships and your talking a complete build, although I think they are over priced, they have really nice looking hardware and hulls. I think you will be over-all happy with the build and the wait will be worth it.

Most of the guys there are pretty cool, give them a shout and ask,"hey hws the build going on my boat?"

Todd
Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6542888/tm.htm

slivic003 - The link above shows when the boat came back from paint and also shows what is going into the boat.

I guess the answer to my question is that I should still be waiting!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Oh yea , that build will take a few months to get together . Looks like a lot of time consuming work that has to be done on it . I would say you should get it before x-mas . I would say 2-3 months to do the build on the boat depending on other boats that are ahead of yours . If you haven't called lately , give them a call and check on it .paint looks great !!!!!!!! It will be a great looking boat when its done !!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would have thought MHZ Germany might have done a build like that for you. They are not cheap but I have an idea what you spent. Just seems a lot of extra shipping to get a German hull built in America and then shipped to the UK.

It never hurts to put in a call every week or two just to let them know there is an anxious boater behind that cashed check
Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 AM

May sound silly but i would call them atleast once a week!!! & also ask Barbara to get a few snap shots of the build process and e mail them over they are real friendly and allways help if they can . "If u dont ask u dont get"!.. So dont be shy and give them a ring!
P.S say hello from me .Wayne
Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

I would have thought MHZ Germany might have done a build like that for you. They are not cheap but I have an idea what you spent. Just seems a lot of extra shipping to get a German hull built in America and then shipped to the UK.
My first thoughts as well.

Personally, I'd expect to wait between 3 - 6 months for a one off custom build. Also it would've been nice to have had something stated in writting for a timeline.

ORIGINAL: WATER_BUGG

Right now your looking at about 4 weeks
nice way to make a guy feel better considering its been almost 10.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM

I have previoulsley tried getting hold of mhz in germany he told me to use his website to order i did place a order for my dad but was never charged or got any reply's back .!. but there would of been no import tax to start with i would start saving for that fedex customs bill your are going to receive a few days after your boat.....[X(]How much![[:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Don't feel bad. These guys seem to sell boats when they want. I had a buddy (German mate) call one evening and he pulled the phone away & looked at it like WTH & hung up. Afterwards he said Mr Zavarsky told him it was five minutes after 4 & he was closed. (or 5pm).