Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 newbie looking for homelite advice >

newbie looking for homelite advice

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

newbie looking for homelite advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie looking for homelite advice

Hello everyone! newbie here not to rc, but to gas boats, looking to put together a cheap project that me and my 10 year old son can work on together.
After lurking in the shadows of this and a lot of other forums soaking up as much info as i could I think were ready to get started!
I have allready torn apart the family's homelite weed eater (new style 25cc w/ clutch)
and decided to go with a zippkits easy V hull ( Im a cabinet maker by trade so this should be right up my alley)
I was hoping someone could recomend the best places to purchase the following( or maybe someone has used ones they want to get rid of)
motor mounts
walboro Wa 167 carb
exhaust (probably want to stay air cooled for now maybe upgrade later)
any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: newbie looking for homelite advice

hi welcome to the forum keep the motor aircooled and keep the can muffler no need to water cool for that hull ive been running a scratchbuilt vee for a year or so with a 28 cc aircooled weedy motor.not sure where you can get the wa 167 carb i got mine off ebay.motor mounts i made myself from alluminium angle,just buy some rubber isolators for it from any model boat outlet.for props try prather 275 or 280 i prefer the 280 for my weedy.I gave my son my woody and he loves it,its from free plans and its very similar to the easy vee.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've seen the homelite's run, i would stay away from them. You can buy a 26 Zenoah water cooled for 200 + S&H from [link]http://www.bonzisports.com/[/link] it would save you much pain when needed parts or advice with a motor. Just throw a rudder on with a pick up in the rudder. the Zip kit from what i hear is a great build. you and your son will have fun with building it. if you have your heart set on air cooled then i would go with a sikk or a zenoah.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums....whatever you decide to run,homie or zen,Tony at http://www.whobbies.com/ will help........