Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 That is a good Price for Manta Ray >

That is a good Price for Manta Ray

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

That is a good Price for Manta Ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That is a good Price for Manta Ray

Check the [link=http://www.speedmodels.ch/deutsch/marine/racing/manta_ray_sr.html]link here[/link]
And let your comments please
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: That is a good Price for Manta Ray

No - actually it is a rediculous price for a WHH boat (or any basic boat.)

4250.00 CHF Swiss Franc = 4292.652 USD US Dollar

The manufacturer in the US retails the boat for around $1300us so you are looking at 3 times the price the manufacturer sells the boat for.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

No - actually it is a rediculous price for a WHH boat (or any basic boat.)

4250.00 CHF Swiss Franc = 4292.652 USD US Dollar

The manufacturer in the US retails the boat for around $1300us so you are looking at 3 times the price the manufacturer sells the boat for.

Well I was ready to buy the Manta ray......( Im in Switzerland ) before that I have order the SPD III drive for my 72 mono i build....when they ask me for 660 CHF I ask about the price of the Manta Ray and then I was close to have heart attack or to jump behind the casher.

When I ask why is sooooooo much different the price from usa they tell me that is the tax. I ask in a special Office here for the tax rates and customs and they tell me that the tax for things like that is 7%.

So if any one of you people here knows the company produce that boat let them know about.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny thing is that some of the best boats I have seen have come from the Swiss. Why they import an american boat and try to sell at those mark ups I will never know. We have taxes here and I know buying boats and accessories direct from some of the high end swiss builders is still competitively priced.

I think they entered a few wrong digits most probably (Or I would hope they did)
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Funny thing is that some of the best boats I have seen have come from the Swiss. Why they import an american boat and try to sell at those mark ups I will never know. We have taxes here and I know buying boats and accessories direct from some of the high end swiss builders is still competitively priced.

I think they entered a few wrong digits most probably (Or I would hope they did)
Be sure that the digits there are not wrong.....

What About props?

X470 60CHF
X482 75CHF

1/4 Engine collect for Square flex 65CHF

And And And.

A good example is that for 4500CHF you can buy used car here like Peugeot 206 or Honda CRX etc.

Another Example extreme with the Zenoah engines.
[link=http://www.a-m-s.ch/shopgeams/powerboot-tuning/motoren-engines/zenoah-g260pum.html]Link[/link]
I ask Zenoah What is the suggested price for some engines and believe me is far away from that they have here.

For people like me is not a big problem because I can order it in my country and they send it for me.... But they are people they dont have a clue about and they need one month salary to buy a boat . Manta ray cost here One month salary.

About the Swiss Builders..... I believe they are some of them users in that forum. So I hope they give as some answers.
(The Swiss made boats are expensive because in Switzerland One person Works and 20 persons watch)

Old 03-20-2008, 01:54 AM
My Feedback: (48)

you need to talk with "redsea" here on RCU. He lives in Greece as well and can help you out with pricing ideas.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

you need to talk with "redsea" here on RCU. He lives in Greece as well and can help you out with pricing ideas.
Im in Switzerland the last 5 years. I have not a problem with the prices.....I see that is better to order something online.
In Greece i have some good connections and i get the logical price for that i need.

I just make that post here to let the people know what is going on in Switzerland.

After all if anyone want a Manta ray.... Is cheaper to book a flight to USA for weekend and buy it from there, 2 in one.
Visit of a city, buy the boat.

In the end he/she will come back to Switzerland with some money left
Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 AM

Now there's an idea. Take a flight, buy a boat, visit Florida etc. Come back with nice tan & repeat next winter. LOL.

Reason for my post was that your profile states GREECE

Old 03-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Hi Jamie!!!! and Hi Vasili!!!!![sm=regular_smile.gif]
Vasili:
Jamie is a great and polite man and he has helped me many many times!!!!!! When i first sαw your profile i thought the same thing as Jamie " that you live in Greece". and that’s why Jamie told you about me. If i can help you in any way please let me know!!!![sm=regular_smile.gif]
Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: redsea

Hi Jamie!!!! and Hi Vasili!!!!![sm=regular_smile.gif]
Vasili:
Jamie is a great and polite man and he has helped me many many times!!!!!! When i first sαw your profile i thought the same thing as Jamie " that you live in Greece". and that’s why Jamie told you about me. If i can help you in any way please let me know!!!![sm=regular_smile.gif]

You know the Greek way...

Im not Swiss...thats the reason I put my own country in the profile....Born, live, die GREEK.

By the way you have any good connection for Zenoah in Greece? If you can put the prices here....Just to let all the forum knows how it works from country to country.

Kalo apogeyma.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: s2sinner

If you can put the prices here....Just to let all the forum knows how it works from country to country.

Kalo apogeyma.
I know[X(] Can you say import tax? No doubt they're killer right. I was just talking with Marty about how yesterday I had to go pay import tax on my micro hydro. The lady wanted to fight over it saying the tax was NOT enough... try 41,- Euro.[X(] Btw, sales tax here is 19%.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

ORIGINAL: s2sinner

If you can put the prices here....Just to let all the forum knows how it works from country to country.

Kalo apogeyma.
I know[X(] Can you say import tax? No doubt they're killer right. I was just talking with Marty about how yesterday I had to go pay import tax on my micro hydro. The lady wanted to fight over it saying the tax was NOT enough... try 41,- Euro.[X(] Btw, sales tax here is 19%.
I believe is better to make that trip I say i the post before....
Visit a city and buy that you want....

Also In Germany the price are extreme sometimes....but not that we have in Switzerland.

The point is that with that price someone doesn't know or have access in Internet It will never buy that product and if someone buy it and he/she find out that the price was tooooooo much over he/she will never say nothing about the shop....but about the company produce the product.

That is all the thing in that problem.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Vasilis the prices hire in Greece are quite expensive too!!!! A stock Zenoah is cost about 400 euro at least. I buy 95% of my boat stuff from US even if the taxes are about 23%. Our tax system getting more mad year by year
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: redsea

Vasilis the prices hire in Greece are quite expensive too!!!! A stock Zenoah is cost about 400 euro at least. I buy 95% of my boat stuff from US even if the taxes are about 23%. Our tax system getting more mad year by year
When you order a zenoah ( example ) from US what tax you pay in the customs?
I have to write that in Greek because i dont know how to put it in English.

Prospathoun na vgaloun apo tin myga ksigki agapite. Ayto kanoun.

I believe one visit in KOMATSU this summer it will be great.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM

Get me one ticket for KOMATSU too please Vasilis!!!!!!