Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 ofna fail safe >

ofna fail safe

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ofna fail safe

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna fail safe

I bought a Duratrax failsafe for my Enforcer gasser. I still run AA batteries ( I know change them) Duratrax says not compatible with Alkalines.. Will th Ofna Micro failsafe work? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEYG2&P=ML thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 06:24 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: ofna fail safe

ORIGINAL: savage 40

I bought a Duratrax failsafe for my Enforcer gasser. I still run AA batteries ( I know change them) Duratrax says not compatible with Alkalines.. Will th Ofna Micro failsafe work? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEYG2&P=ML thanks
I just have to say this. Why spend another $20 + shp'g for another FS, when that is more than half of a good Hi Cap Nimh pack. I wouldn't run AAs in a high dollar RC of any kind. Sooner or later you are going to pay the price ( dearly )
Old 07-13-2008, 08:44 AM

Actually I sold this boat to an older fella I know.. he and buddies break it out when they are on his house boat ,,, he has an array of full scale 43' off shore boats up there to.. I just wanted something as a little cushion in case batterys went dead. This guy is 75 years young and has many other toys to play with and I'm trying to figure out a way to put a failsafe in there without complicating things by getting him a charger and schooling him on charge rates and settings etc. With 3 off shore boats moored next to a 115 double decker houseboat.. he has better things to do than fiddle with a little charger ... I know , I know , then he has no reason to be lauching a two stroke radio controlled missle. But that isn't the case.. He likes this thing and will continue to use it . I was just trying to simplify things.. Any NON complicated QUICK chargers out there? editted to add... Would this work? Pretty simple as it gets isn''t it? [link]http://onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=10935.12[/link]
Old 07-13-2008, 08:57 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Well, I'm a real nerd on batts and charging, but I find the Triton 2 within my limited scope ( LOL ) about 2 steps and your there for a nimh pack
Old 07-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Get the duratrax fail safe cause the ofna ones suck on the water
I had one and all the boat did was shut down every time I went to turn.
Something with the ofna that just doesn't seem to work
I am still having a little trouble with the Duratrax one cutting out here and there but thats when the boat is super far away.
I am running 1100 NiMh 5 cell receiver packs in my WWH Revenge boat and the duratrax fail safe.
Oh yes and the JR xs radio
Old 07-13-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: savage 40

keep using your Duratrax, just replace the Alki with NiMh.

Stay away from the OFNA F/S they are extremely prone to failure anywhere.

Dan.