Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 Viper Hulls having fun in Perth WA >

Viper Hulls having fun in Perth WA

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Viper Hulls having fun in Perth WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper Hulls having fun in Perth WA

I got Invited by mark and Chris to go down to South Lake pond today to check out there Viper Hulls running, Great afternoon. Mark had a few throttle problems and Chris decided to flip his and drown it. Thanks for the invite.

Check out the photos.
http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/r.../south%20lake/

Steve
Old 07-05-2009, 06:45 AM

Default RE: Viper Hulls having fun in Perth WA

Hay steve , yer mate it was good to catch up with you again been a whylle.
was a good day apart for the throttle haha , but she is due for a good clean up ....haha,,,,, will give ya a bell in a cupple of weeks .
or the next time . also racin the cars starts again soon. will let you know when thats on also....

good pics once again mate....

hay also cheers for those bits and pices

Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Good to see guys, well done. That looks like a great litttle lake you have there.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Hay there Tony yer mate it is a great lake just the right size. good in all conditions .
yer mate havin a blast as always with these boats.. both goin in for some fixing after some great hard running..
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Hey Tony, I was very impresed with the way your hulls ran at the weekend, It was the first time I have seen one up close. At first i thought how the heck can a modded 26cc motor push this size hull to any decent speed, and then all hell broke loose when they got tossed into the water. Both boats were fast and stable and sat on there tail at full speed as one of the photos show. Very impresed,

Steve
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 PM

Oi Steve, As tony said looks a great lake to run in, nice white sand... [&o] still working on my muddie bloody lake though [:@] Be ok when all this rain we are having up here stops. But m8 the boats ran good and looked liked you all had fun. take care m8...

Henry.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 AM

Hey guys, I was stoked to see a viper thread goin. I got a viper apache 56 about a year ago and all i can say about this boat is that it is unreal. Im just runnin a stock Zenoah in mine and i love it. Im really only new to this and was thinkin about puttin a 67/17/3 prop on it. will i get more speed out of the boat if i do this?
Any info you guys have is very welcome.
Watsy
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 AM

Boats are running nice. BUT would the chap that through the boat in in the video clip please put on some shoes. My heart sank when you tossed that boat in so close to your feet.

Cobus
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Hesco Racing

Boats are running nice. BUT would the chap that through the boat in in the video clip please put on some shoes. My heart sank when you tossed that boat in so close to your feet.

Cobus
Looking at it now is a bit close hey..
Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM

I didn't have a boat there that day, I just went for a look see. Mark you have been told, wear shoes next time, that was close after looking at the vid again, There is also a pub at the top end of the pond, and a pathway just beond the nice white sand, a fair bit of broken glass around too.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Watsy

Hey guys, I was stoked to see a viper thread goin. I got a viper apache 56 about a year ago and all i can say about this boat is that it is unreal. Im just runnin a stock Zenoah in mine and i love it. Im really only new to this and was thinkin about puttin a 67/17/3 prop on it. will i get more speed out of the boat if i do this?
Any info you guys have is very welcome.
Watsy
hay watsy good to see you enjo the apache 56 also.... check out the youtube vids we have.....
also check out youtube he is a good mate of mine and has most of the vids on his channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA512PMyYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBx6O2qcm8

Oi Steve, As tony said looks a great lake to run in, nice white sand... still working on my muddie bloody lake though Be ok when all this rain we are having up here stops. But m8 the boats ran good and looked liked you all had fun. take care m8...

HAY noon , yer mate it has great WHITE sand but under that small layer of white sand it is black as the ace of spades , over the past year thay have (the council ) been planting grass and native trees all the way around the side of the lake and as steve sead thay have even put in a foot path around the lake now. ( but it is good as the path is back up the bank and not at the water edge so people are not right at the edge of the water. where we start and run the boats thay are growing grass right down to the water edge and leaving it all open at this end with shrubs going on the banking around to remaining2/3 part of the lake...so by next summer we shall have nice grass under owe feet (or shoe`s)lol...

haha yer i got told. it did look close from that angle , but it was away from my foot..lol. but hay one day i should were shoes.
[:-] but i guess its like trying to tell a smoker to stop smoking the only time thay stop is when its to late ...
Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 PM

Hi guys, I have decided to put a quickdraw twin inline in a 56 apache for myself when I get back from the states, but that could change as you never know what I might bring back with me.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: viperhulls

Hi guys, I have decided to put a quickdraw twin inline in a 56 apache for myself when I get back from the states, but that could change as you never know what I might bring back with me.

cool tony . mate now that will be good to see. i was just thinking the other day what inlines would go like in the 56 apache. when someone asked me. ..

mmmmmm will be good to see .
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 AM

Here is another one that I finnished last week and sent to a guy in NSW, metallic blue. Phill is wrapped with it and he said it certainly has the WOW factor.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44403.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1235246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28016.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	1235247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97319.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1235248  
Old 07-13-2009, 06:08 AM

looks good there tony.... phill will be happy with that and he will be bissy now fitting it all up .
Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 AM

Fair dinkum, drop in to have a sticky beak at rc universe.
What do I see? Pics of my new Viper Apacheposted byTony ( yea, i'm stoked with it mate) from Qld.
Mark's Apache running over in Perth, (thanks for the assistance Mark)
Small world ain't it?
My brother "stole" my Apache. Took it home with him so i'd finish up this Zipkits Rivett i've been working on for wayyyyyy too long.
Spoil sport ... The Rivett could have waited another couple of weeks.
Take a BIG suitcase to the States with ya Tony, and thanks again for a terrific boat.
Fletchtoo
Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Hay there phill hows it all going

.gee mate you only just got it and now you have to wait that little longer .
gee mate idd be carfull finishing that rivet all you will be thinking of is the new apache.
you could name your zipkit rivett hull . "" APACHE DREAMING ""

seeing as you wont be able to fit it out. till you get that finished

Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 AM

Dunno bout some people.
Just because I've the Rivett sittingunfinished one end of thebuild bench.
His unfinished Zippkits easy Vee the other, his Zen26 disassembled and laying all over my workbench (has been for a couple of weeks) he gets into a huff.
Then while his there, Tony's Apache rolls up, followed by my wood Whip.
I think he noticed me eying the Apache off.
Hid the Whip after I found out he stole the Apache.
Opened the Whip box today, WOW,might just move the Rivett over a little bit.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM

hey guys, i ordered an omen racing engine and a voodoo prop 67/17/3 for the 56 last week. cant wait to run it in. i'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Watsy

hey guys, i ordered an omen racing engine and a voodoo prop 67/17/3 for the 56 last week. cant wait to run it in. i'll keep you all posted.

you will be impressed no end with your purchase of a omin motor....
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 AM

G'day to all. I was wondering how much hp the omen engine puts out? cant find it any where.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:13 AM

mate i dont know , but mate thay put out anaugh .hp . you will not regreat getting one.......
ive never heared enny one say there not happy with there omin motor. very very relyable motor...
and good and hard all day........

if you check out my youtube you can see the omin running in my 56 apache or my mates apache , there a big boat and thay runn great with the omin.. www.youtube/seahawkwa or bongobunki .
or type in 56 apache or omin 56 apache
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 AM

g'day apache 56,
yea i ran mine the other day and i was not regretting gettin a omen at all. im still in the running in process but i can just tell that the engine has alot of balls. im just curious on the hp rating. i might even grab one for my cat when i can afford to lash out again. i've seen your vids before thats why i dicided to go with an omen....very fast.... i'll post a vid when the running in is complete. thanks

Watsy.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 AM

Watsy great goin mate. will be keepin an eye out for the vids
dont runn your motor in to slow[:-]. give Danial a call. i think from memory he just recons runn it nearly hard strait away. . realy i ran my motor for one tank at half to 3/4 throttle . on and of the gas with quick stabs at full throttle after 1/2 tank. then WOT from then on. and ive never had enny problems been running strong . but i did do some mods to my bottom end and only got the head and piston from omin. but my mate his motor is compleat omin..and we have had no problems at all. you will find it gets faster after a cupple of tanks .when it all settles in ....

Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 AM

g'day apache 56,

well i guess next run will be flat out then. so was your zen just a stock motor then you got the bottom end done or was it already done? if so what did you do???
im in the middle of re-doing my king of shaves (55" cat). i put the stock zen from the apache and into the K.O.S. and changing it to 1/4 drive so i got a better selection of props.
well mate i'll try get a vid up to u soon.

P.S. also what ratio do you run your modded zen at. is it at 25:1? or with modded engines is a bit more oil needed?

thanks, Watsy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.