Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 I'm new in rc world & can u help me ? >

I'm new in rc world & can u help me ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

I'm new in rc world & can u help me ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new in rc world & can u help me ?

Hey, i'm new in rc and i would like to buy rc gas boat, what do you recommend for me ( Venom King of shaves or shockwave 55 ss or Blackjack 55). Can u help me please.

Thank you....
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Default RE: I'm new in rc world & can u help me ?

Spend a little more and get a WHH Magnum 57,Very reliable,stable,durable.
Shockwave 55 SS is okay,Blackjack 55 is alot of hassle tinkering,Proboat Hypersort 48 is nice but few production issues.

http://www.modelgasboats.com/Magazin...WHH_Magnum_57/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStbmPIP2Lo
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
My Feedback: (3)

well it all depends on your budget but if you are going to spend that kind of money on a king of shaves with an "overseas made" copy of the Zenoah engine then you might as well spend a little more and get the "real deal" here is the last link you will ever need: http://www.whobbies.com/<div></div><div>after lots of research i ended up at warehouse hobbies and recently ordered the magnum 57 old school. whh has been in the quality rc boat business for close to 30 years......hand building beautiful boats........ they hold true to their great reputation.....i haven't heard or read a bad thing about them. and that a lot more than we can say for the guys who sell (not build) the king
<div></div><div>check em out i think you will be impressed. good luck

also read this: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9313299/tm.htm

MSDARLA, great minds think alike</div></div>
Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 PM

Welcome to RCU

If you use the search feature you find a few threads on each of the boats you listed. I think in reading them you will find that in most of post the members who have them have had to replace more then a few items or do do a bit of work to get those boats to perform like they should have (RTR).

I think as an newbie to RC boating you would be better off starting with a Warehouse hobbies boat in either RTR or as a kit. Tony sells the kits pre drilled and in a few hours with basic tools you be ready to hit the water. By buying the kit you will get a better idea of what it takes to maintain and run a RC boat.http://www.whobbies.com/

Regardless of what you buy this is a great site for Q&A.

Leo
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 PM

one of the best vids i have seen:             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OYs...layer_embedded
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM

is so!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Thank you all for your help, but do think it more butter for me than those boats i mentioned ?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM

YES! much much better. the two are not comparable.

are you from Kuwait or are you stationed there?<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 PM

I'm from Kuwait, because of that i'm looking for boat around $1000, and with shipping it will be around 1400. so the shockwave 55 ss &amp; venom KOS will cost around $1350 with shipping and the magnum 57 will cost 1700 with shipping.</p>
Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 PM

There are guy's that are buying, building, racing and selling right there in Kuwait. Get with them and see what they got. A nice Razor, Hurricane, Rampage or something would be real good. The Warehouse boats are good if you want a cruiser.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Daniel Place is correct on that. Those guys are bringing stuff in all the time and could very much help you out. Here's the start of an article posted on ModelGasBoats [link=http://www.modelgasboats.com/Magazine_Content/Races%10Events/RC_Boating_Kuwaiti_Style/]RC Boating Kuwaiti Style[/link]

The gentleman you want to get in contact with is Khaled on Jim's RC Boat Dock. I can PM you his email if you like.

I have the Venom Segad and I have upgraded it from the start, others in the club still have them bone stock and are beginning to have some issues. For me the problems are easy fixes, for others without experience it can be very frustrating. The Magnum 57 will not let you down, parts if required will be easliy ordered from WHH and the support is there, for real!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:59 PM

Thank you for your help. do you know what is the top speed of stock venom ? can you tell me like what issues they had ? ok plz give me his email and i appreciate your help.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 PM

The first and foremost problem with the KOS or Segad is the fibreglass is thin or very light. The canopy will be damaged if and when you flip it because it doesn't turn well. The second part is it doesn't turn well because the CG is high in the hull and if your running on a course consisting of right hand turns it worse because the fuel tank is mounted on the left side plus the hull isn't wide enough (a little narrow but true to scale). The third problem is the drive line goes from 1/4" flex to 3/16" shaft which is a bit light weight for its output plus putting other props on requires a spacer to make it fit properly, not a big deal but anoying. Inside the drive strut they use two small bearings instead of a solid bronze type bearing, these will not last long even more so in salt water. These need to be taken apart every time after use and cleaned to make them last. The radio box will leak with all the holes they put in it with light duty seals, I sealed mine off completey.

Out of the box they say 35mph. Its a Zenoah copied engine (exactly). So bolting in a real Zenoah is easy. So with the stock engine expect 35mph to 40mph, install a proper plug to reach the combustion chamber and it will do 45mph. My stock Zenoah which is not completely broken in yet is running 52-54mph and is becoming a handful as the aerodynamics at the +50 speeds require more adjustments and more flipping wipeouts (fun to see and holding up less the hatch cover).

I'll PM you Khaled's email.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM

i'm confused because i'm new in this world, So i want to buy a boat for fun only not for racing, high speed boat (around 40-45+)with less cost, i think you understand me
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM

warehouse hobbies all the way!

I've had the Team Pro which was sick even with the bone stock zenoah, I now have a M5 modded zenoah in an Old School Magnum 57 (bran new, will be broken in this weekend)
Both are sick boats!

Or if you want to same a little, get the Super Gator and enjoy it because its super easy and a blast to drive!

You honestly can not go wrong with any of the Warehouse hobbies Enforcer boats
Old 05-26-2010, 11:27 PM

Here is my new Enforcer Super G...completely stock!..... Warehouse Hobbies really do make some nice strong fun boats....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM7P_cfG00[/youtube]
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Yup, rock solid!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: BoeinG747_Kuw

i'm confused because i'm new in this world, So i want to buy a boat for fun only not for racing, high speed boat (around 40-45+) with less cost, i think you understand me
I would certainly encourage you to try to track down some local boaters near you (I believe theres a club or two) even if you do not intend on racing you will have several opportunities
1. Make some new friends.
2. see what different boats there are first hand - plus see how they perform etc.
3. you get a chance to ask some questions about the boats, the setups, and also where you might be able to buy parts etc locally.
4. (and most importantly) you will hopefully see safe boating procedures in action.

While the learning curve with RC boats is not that hard - not a lot of parts, maintainance etc - it is still MUCH easier to see some guys running their boats before taking the plunge blindly based just on what we can offer as a suggestion.

Certainly touch base with Khaled. He seems like a nice guy and I am sure they would be only too happy to introduce you to the hobby.

I certainly highly recommend the WHH Super G - but if you find that you might like the idea of running a little faster with some other race boats (in time) then you might feel a little left behind.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Best Video Ever?

No..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wra4P...%2Bdiv-1r-5-HM

Warehouse makes bricks with AM Radios. Hell no on anything Proboat and take the advice of the people that gave pointers on Venom. Come on man, the truth is smacking you in the face. You asked for the advice and got it, now go make the mitake you're gonna make.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: tropheus29

Best Video Ever?

No..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wra4P...%2Bdiv-1r-5-HM

Warehouse makes bricks with AM Radios. Hell no on anything Proboat and take the advice of the people that gave pointers on Venom. Come on man, the truth is smacking you in the face. You asked for the advice and got it, now go make the mitake you're gonna make.
Dear "Mr. 22 posts strong" Your post just made baby Jesus cry... :shakehead:

Yes that old school Mag 57 vid is one of the best vids displaying the mag 57 with the M5 motor, your vid is just like the rest... simple racing footage with annoying music taking away from the racing of the boats. (Even though you posted an incorrect link)

Which boat do you really believe is the "best" for this person considering one thing noted was they want a boat for FUN AND NOT RACING, but can reach 40-45MPH!

The warehouse hobbies boats like the Super Gator or the Team pro with an M5 will not only be one of the most solid foundations of a boat platform but reliable and can reach the speeds they are looking for. Also you must not have visited the WHH page lately since they offer 2.4 and you can always use your own radio of choice if you prefer.

Good lord! When you make posts give real life experiences, some actual options and try to leave out the invalid criticism on good products.
[:-]

Now please don't get emotional and keyboard commando my ass for keeping it real and offering real experiences and advice as a person who was new just a year ago and selected the perfect boat which has been flawless for a year straight... Warehouse Hobbies
Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: spoolinaww
Dear ''Mr. 22 posts strong'' Your post just made baby Jesus cry... :shakehead:

Yes that old school Mag 57 vid is one of the best vids displaying the mag 57 with the M5 motor, your vid is just like the rest... simple racing footage with annoying music taking away from the racing of the boats. (Even though you posted an incorrect link)

Which boat do you really believe is the ''best'' for this person considering one thing noted was they want a boat for FUN AND NOT RACING, but can reach 40-45MPH!

The warehouse hobbies boats like the Super Gator or the Team pro with an M5 will not only be one of the most solid foundations of a boat platform but reliable and can reach the speeds they are looking for. Also you must not have visited the WHH page lately since they offer 2.4 and you can always use your own radio of choice if you prefer.

Good lord! When you make posts give real life experiences, some actual options and try to leave out the invalid criticism on good products.
[:-]

Now please don't get emotional and keyboard commando my ass for keeping it real and offering real experiences and advice as a person who was new just a year ago and selected the perfect boat which has been flawless for a year straight... Warehouse Hobbies
[sm=thumbup.gif]Good Post
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

[sm=thumbup.gif]Good Post
Thanks
:takes a bow:
[sm=devious.gif]
Old 05-27-2010, 08:33 PM

SPOOLIN............... well said........... great post.................i have been researching WHH religiously for some time now and that is honestly the first negative thing i have heard and that in it self says a lot about WHH ........... now i know we are all entitled to our opinions and thats fine but your right, you need to be able to back it!<div>
</div><div>i can relate to BoeinG747 ........ when you just can't justify spending a little more of your hard earned cash on your first boat but before long it smacks you in the face and you are tired of low quality expensive rc's that keep letting you down ........... then you sell the crap, do some heavy research and jump to the next level ......... (not "the best" just what's best for you)</div><div>
</div><div>......i'm about as stubborn as they come and i usually learn the hard way .........damn that gets expensive but it's the way i'm wired......... but it's all good because i do learn a bit along the way</div>
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Always remember...

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely said!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.