Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 3rd channel kill switch >

3rd channel kill switch

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

3rd channel kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd channel kill switch

guys whats a good 3rd channel kill switch for boats. had a boat on the weekend not want to stop . has a mod carb and it stops on the test bench but after a good runn you cant shut it down. ive had a cupple guys say the same thing has hapend with ther mod carbys , even bleepin on of gas it dont shut down.
so i was looking into useing the 3rd chanel with a kill switch , but just seeing whats out there that can be hard wired to the black lead coming of the coil. not just a fail safe on the servo but actual switch..

cheers....
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM

Default RE: 3rd channel kill switch

killer bee

killerrc.com

I won't run my boat without one
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 PM

cool i was looking into one of them . what model did you get.???... so thay are the ones that only work when you use the 3rd channel. thats what im looking for.... i dont want one that shuts down the servo . like these inline fail safe things... but one that will shut down the motor if the trasmitter is turned of or 3rd chanell is used.??
cheers mate .
ill see if any one in australia sells them or go direct.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 PM

These don't kill the servo
Just kills the ignition so you can still steer.

You just have to match up depending on what controller you are running, I'm running the 3PKS 2.4 and use Kit 2 V1
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 AM

These are the ducks nuts, go one in my monster truck, 1/5 scale and got one ready for the boat, no matter what happens the motor cuts.

http://powerslideracing.com.au/index...oducts_id=1714

steve
Old 06-22-2010, 08:10 AM

Or you could do what you did on the weekend just go up and down the lake untill the two 500mm tanks are empty wich that tock a good hour.
Not good qhen we have the lake on a time limit ha ha.
It was like ground hog day or that I was getting motion sickness as it went round and round and round and round and round and round ow DAM I'm getting sick I better lay down.

See you girls on the lake next time
Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 AM

I use the Killer Bee in all my RC's. Kent will custom make what you need in the lengths you need. For boats I use the version #2. Great guy to work with
The Killer Bee Kit 2 kit connects the Killer Bee in your battery box directly to the ignition coil on your engine. The wires are securely soldered to the connectors and then heatshrinked. To kill the engine you just flip off the 3rd channel switch on your transmitter, or turn off your transmitter. Kit 2 includes the Killer Bee heat resistant wiring & zip tie.
Tony at WHH is also working on a great idea for an engine cut off.
There is a way that he can get real close to 100% fail safe, and to do so we would have to construct the units here in the US.
The system would be very simple and impose a small key-fob, and a receiving device that would be less than 2" in size. This key-fob would is very small and could be in your pocket, Velcro to the back of your transmitter, or even in your pit-mans hand.
The small receiving device will be rechargeable and will be water-proof and can be mounted close to the engine. Only two wires need to be connected, the mag ground, and the block ground.
In event that anything went wrong with radio system, mechanics, etc. If you depress the key on the fob it would stall the engine. The range is about 500 feet, so well within the range of operating model boats. You may want to see how he's coming on this new idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99101.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1456887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37319.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	1456888  
Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: carbonwhite

Or you could do what you did on the weekend just go up and down the lake untill the two 500mm tanks are empty wich that tock a good hour.
Not good qhen we have the lake on a time limit ha ha.
It was like ground hog day or that I was getting motion sickness as it went round and round and round and round and round and round ow DAM I'm getting sick I better lay down.spacerspacerComparison Chart

Compatbility_Charts-4d

See you girls on the lake next time

NO i didnt,,,,,,,,,,, i had my new 20lter gerry can under the front deck.... i was looking into doing indurance racing with the new boat....
no realy i just wanted to hog the lake . if the carb would have keeped runing at full pace maybee we would of all fell over.... , i was ready to hand the contol over to you . but then it would of got parked on the bank.....hahahahaha

see you next time dont forget the pettycoat. lol

how you been steve you will have to get down the lake some time......