Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 poulan PPB150E >

poulan PPB150E

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

poulan PPB150E

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poulan PPB150E

i have this weed eater and i am looking at putting it a easy vee. but i cant find what type of engine it is and i dont even know if it would fit in the easy v any help would be great
Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: poulan PPB150E

It's from a Poulan Pro trimmer.If it's like the one I have it has the carb and muffler on the back of the engine instead of the sides.Would be a major pain for boat use ,but might be ok for an airplane.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM

well i didnt even think about where the carb and exhaust is at. maybe i can trade for a differnt one.

can you explain to me why it would be hard to install this in a boat all i got are electric
Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 PM
My Feedback: (13)

hardest part about the rear intake models is the throttle linkage, but a bellcrank should take care of that. the other issue is the muffler is further toward the front of the boat than a side exhaust, and with the Poulan they generally have springs holding the muffer on so you pretty much need to use the stock muffler unless you come up with something clever.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As it sits as a trimmer ,the muffler is on the bottom and the carb is on the top rear.You would have to route the exhaust either up or toward the back of the boat using copper pipe.The one bad thing about this engine is that the plug is on the bottom,giving you no possibility of taking it out to check the plug color or incase you flip the boat and ingest water.If you flip the engine over,then your carb is now on the bottom ,making it hard to adjust and your recoil starter is also on the bottom of the boat.It could be done by making an adapter for the pull start out of tubing so you can bring the pull starter up to where you can use it.You would have to figure out how to mount the engine.Here's a thread that a guy used a Ryobi 31cc that a simular setup. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249106
Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 AM

thanks for the guidance. the more i think of it i am just going to buy a motor.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
My Feedback: (13)

you can flip a 2 stroke engine over, they don't care (it's like that in the trimmer so the gas cap is on the top for convenience), you can turn the carb around to other orientations also as long as the pulse port is lined up still. The link you gave is for a 30cc ryobi which is a rebadged 30cc Homelite, but if you find a build with a 31cc ryobi they are very similar to the 32cc Poulan trimmer engines. On the starter, the only hard part about flipping it is putting a gromet for the string in a different location and make sure the string doesn't hit anything.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM

thanks guys you are really helpful i am just trying to do a realitive simple project with my 2 kids when i get back from being gone for awhile