Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive? >

Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive?

Hi,I'd just got my second Miss Bud hydro.It has a rebuilt .15 dynamite. The shaft was all most frozen in.It took me 15 to 20 min to get it out.Very rusty.I'd here rumors that,this was a proublem with this boat/hard up keep? And maybe why the motor broke. I was wondring,if this can be converted over to flex drive? Oh I forgot to ask you guys this too. What fuel percent should I run on the .15? And what glow plug should I run in it. The guy replaced the piston in it. he'd had a O.S A3 is that to hot or not? I'm opend for any advice and sudjestions please.[]
Old 08-30-2006, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive?

Converting a boat with straight drive to flex drive is simply a matter of obtaining the needed hardware, cutting holes where necessary and installing the updated hardware. I would imagine the new flex drive system for the Miss Elam could be used. Personally, I recommend the adjustable strut from the Miss Vegas rather than the non-adjustable strut on the Miss Elam.

JD
Old 08-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Has anyone converted a Miss bud or other hydro strait shaft to flex drive?

Where can I find Miss vegas part at? To do this?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Where can I find Miss vegas part at? To do this?
Here's one source:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=AQUB32**&P=Z
Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Thanks But I also forgot to ask you guys a cuple of questions. What fuel should I run on the .15 dynamite motor and the guy had a O.S A3 to hot or not? The guy replaced the piston in it to. I was wondering, The shaft was almost rusted shut and the glow plug=would these proublems wouldve caused the motor piston to go bad.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 AM

Oh I'd also for got to ask you guys this.Does any of you guys have any pic of the bottom of Miss Bud or Elm.LLumar or Miss Vegas to see how they run the flex drive,and also the back of the boat too,to see the rudder system. If you do, can you please post it for me to look at ,please.?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I'm also considering converting my proboat straight shaft, to a miss Vegas flex shaft. here are something that need to be addressed . The Vegas strut mounts to the transom, right where the push rod for the servo exits. With the radio box unmovable you might have to mount the servo on the other side of the radio box. I would also try to beef up the transom. I'm considering using all the Vegas hardware on my proboat. I hope this helps.

look thru the gallery here [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/Products.aspx?StoreCatId=B&CatId=BB]horizon[/link]for the 1/12 scale hydro , also the PRO BOAT 1/8 SCALE hardware is the same design bu different size. also look here [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2799689/mpage_4/key_miss%2Cbud/tm.htm]bud post[/link] look at post number 99 has some good pictures of the bottom of a flex shaft boat.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the info and pic too!! this will help!! I wish to see the Miss Vegas one.So I can deside to run pro boat or Vegas one. Boy they realy changed the Miss Bud boat completly flex drive new motor mount on/off switch drain plug rudder relocation water out let .I'll think about,what I want to do.I found/know of a hobby shop in a different state.He can sell me a brand know Miss Bud hull for 120 dollars that with shipping included.Thats the flex drive version too.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tower has a couple Vegas in their scratch and dent section right now. One is listed as "works fine" for $196, the other is box damage for $238.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:48 PM

Thanks Chuck for that info!But I'd got to finnish this job I'm working first.It take money to make money for what I do.[8D]