Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Newbie What is this??? >

Newbie What is this???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Newbie What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie What is this???

Hi all
New to the site and just purchased this boat and have no idea the make (Prather?) or model or time frame it was made? Anyone have an idea. It is solid with no damage other than being in storage so some of the pinstiping is worn and peeling. The engine is an OPS? Its dirty and needs to be cleaned so not exactly sure what engine it might be? It has a brass prop, took it off for safety reasons. Been messing with airboats and could not pass this up. Going to clean it up and repair a few little things the have some fun with it!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newbie What is this???

The images aren't loading. Please use the information from [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2629917/tm.htm]this thread[/link] to attach the images here.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 AM
TIA

I see them just fine. Looks like an oldie but a goodie!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, it's a Prather hull, www.pratherproducts.com , and what the age is I don't know as they're been making that boat for a long time, probably a good 20 years.
The engine is more of a clue as to it's age though so roughly at least 10 years old.
The "Tupperware" radio box isn't going to work very well as you really don't want a box that will flex.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 AM

definately a prather hull. I took second place in district 7 NAMBA for the 1979 season with one. love the tupperware radio box.

Kelly Miller
Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 AM

Thanks guys for the info!
The more I repair on it the more eager I am to run it! The person I bought it from had it stored in his garage and he left it with a half tank of fuel in it. Replaced some lines and swapped out the tank. Cleaned out the engine now she spins over smoothly. The water coolant lines were clogged and the battery holder is corroded in two so still need to replace it but seems all the work has been easy and fun! When I had the engine apart I looked for a cc desy but all I could find was that it is an OPS and just marked 666 on the rear under the carb plate. So still no idea the size of the engine but not worried about it. Has a good receiver and servos in it, Channel 64. Bought a transmitter off ebay today for it so I should be able to have her in the water soon I hope!